Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am running an ECHO PE-2000 but wanta lot more power...what should i go for?

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
But our favorite is the Shindaiwa LE260. We are now on our third in less than a year. After the unfortunate demise of the first at the hands of the truck tire :) , we bought two more in July. I really like em.

I had 3 or 4 Echo PE2400's. I bought the first in early 92 before they were even popular. It was pretty decent, but suffered from troubles like a lot of 2400 series trimmers do. The first one was great, not because of Echo quality but because of it being the first I bought.

I had one Stihl in between Echos....I preferred the Echo.

I had a Maruyama. It was a good machine. I put it right behind the Shindaiwa.

After buying a Shindaiwa trimmer about three years ago we have replaced most of our equipment with Shindaiwa. I have one Stihl BR400 blower left, but I think I might sell it to buy another EB630.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have had a Stihl FS75 for 3 years. I have to say that it is a very good piece of equipment. I broke the drive shaft in it twice earlier this season, but they were covered under a lifetime warranty. Not exactly sure why they broke, I guess I was probably a little hard on them (the dirt was pretty wet, and I didn't cut them any slack). Other than the drive shafts, I have no complaints.

To all of you Shindaiwa fans- what makes the Shindaiwa a better unit than Stihl?

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Originally posted by The Lawn Genie

To all of you Shindaiwa fans- what makes the Shindaiwa a better unit than Stihl?
Uhh....for one I haven't broken any driveshafts. :D

As for me saying I was going to get rid of a BR400 to buy another EB630. Simple, the 630 has more ass.

[Edited by Keith on 09-25-2000 at 05:35 AM]

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I've got an Echo 2400 that's over 6 years old that I use daily.

P.S. I mow over 70 lawns per week with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.