1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Who makes the best stick edger??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Vibe Ray, Sep 24, 2000.

1. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

i am running an ECHO PE-2000 but wanta lot more power...what should i go for?

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Read your other thread.

3. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

for stick edgers and trimmers Shindawia is the brand of choise for me and many other lawn care pro's

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Echo is a good choice in a stick edger, although i would not be using the pe2000 for commercial use.
    i would step up to a 3100 if you can afford it.
    the stihl unit would be a good choice also.

5. dhicks

dhicks Member

I use a Shindaiwa stickedger and hand blower. Both are great!

6. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

But our favorite is the Shindaiwa LE260. We are now on our third in less than a year. After the unfortunate demise of the first at the hands of the truck tire :) , we bought two more in July. I really like em.

I had 3 or 4 Echo PE2400's. I bought the first in early 92 before they were even popular. It was pretty decent, but suffered from troubles like a lot of 2400 series trimmers do. The first one was great, not because of Echo quality but because of it being the first I bought.

I had one Stihl in between Echos....I preferred the Echo.

I had a Maruyama. It was a good machine. I put it right behind the Shindaiwa.

After buying a Shindaiwa trimmer about three years ago we have replaced most of our equipment with Shindaiwa. I have one Stihl BR400 blower left, but I think I might sell it to buy another EB630.

7. The Lawn Genie

The Lawn Genie LawnSite Member

I have had a Stihl FS75 for 3 years. I have to say that it is a very good piece of equipment. I broke the drive shaft in it twice earlier this season, but they were covered under a lifetime warranty. Not exactly sure why they broke, I guess I was probably a little hard on them (the dirt was pretty wet, and I didn't cut them any slack). Other than the drive shafts, I have no complaints.

To all of you Shindaiwa fans- what makes the Shindaiwa a better unit than Stihl?

8. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Uhh....for one I haven't broken any driveshafts. :D

As for me saying I was going to get rid of a BR400 to buy another EB630. Simple, the 630 has more ass.

[Edited by Keith on 09-25-2000 at 05:35 AM]

9. Grasscape Inc

Grasscape Inc LawnSite Member

RedMax pro is the best............

10. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got an Echo 2400 that's over 6 years old that I use daily.

P.S. I mow over 70 lawns per week with it.