Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ran outta my spool of .95 maxi edge from sears....
I was wondering if the echo splitfire or whatever its called is better. how about redmax, shindwa????

· Banned
2,346 Posts
I find that WalMart's Diamond Edge (orange) is really a great bargain. Lasts and is tough, and cuts great. Just started using Gator Square this week, and seem to like it a lot too, seems to last longer, but is a bit more expensive. Bang for the buck, Diamond Edge is hard to beat......will let you know if this Gator lasts long enough to make up for the extra cost, which I think it will. Also, I've not tried this, but I heard that Suffix is even better then Gator.

~Nest

· Registered
222 Posts
I have been using Echo crossfire for about a year now. I have tried others, but in the .095 size have found none that lasts longer or cuts any better. The echo is reasonably priced at home depot. Just my two cents.

· Registered
627 Posts
I used to use Echo crossfire . I wasn't real impressed. It frayed alot and was very expensive. I bought a spool of Rotary brand from Mow-More . A 3lb. spool of .095 line costs about $22.00 and works great. Doesn't weld fast and lasts a long time. Matt

· Registered
11,274 Posts
I run 105 Suffix in my Stihl. It's the best stuff I have found. In fact i have been meaning to write a review about it. In my opinion, if you are not using Suffix you are totally missing the boat when it comes to superior trimmer line.

· Registered
138 Posts
gator magnum.. little more expensive but worth every penny

· Registered
35 Posts
I just bought a new echo and it came with the cross fire, it works good but frays. I used Husquavarna titanium line on another trimmer and will go back after this spool. I find the husky dosen't weld and dosen't fray easily.

· Registered
11,274 Posts
Originally posted by jwingfield2k
am i gonna lose power if i run like 105 or something on my echo srm 210? What is the line weight that I sho0uld be running, i think im running .095 now
If you get Suffix you can run .105 and have less load than you have now with .95.... This product is what they claim it is.

· Registered
878 Posts
Shiny trim line is good. Thats what I use, it's called Ultra-Flex.
But mate trimmer line is a pretty simple thing hey. Just look for one that is more expensive than the otthers and get it and give it a go. I have a mate that thinks that the cheap stuff is just as good if not better than the Xey stuff but he is sooo wrong. Spend peanuts thats what ya get! So just spend a little more on any brand and it will do the job fine. :)

· Registered
6,085 Posts
Where might one find this "Suffix" line? I've been running Stihl .095 on my FS85 since I bought it, the cut is good with the Stihl line, it just burns up real quick. Plus, if the Suffix line is supposed to be lighter or what not, that would help out as well. I'm running without the guard so I can sling more string and sometimes feel a loss of power with alot of string out.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.