• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Who makes the most powerful handheld leaf vac?

cold-beer

LawnSite Senior Member
I currently have a couple Echo 25cc handheld leaf vacs that I use for certain fall clean up stuff.

Does anyone make a bigger handheld leaf vac/shreader?

Turf Tracer

LawnSite Fanatic
Faster to scoop up piles by hand or blow and tarp then to use those hh vac thingys. By the time you Vac and empty the meager bag. Pure homeowner.

Redmaxmann01

LawnSite Member
Echo vac blowers are popular. Don’t know if you would call them commercial grade, but parts are easy to find. Wish companies like Maruyama and Redmax got on board, but I guess when your selling commercial grade equipment handheld vac blowers aren’t really going to sell to Mr or Mrs landscaper. They have those huge walk behind vac sucking machines

OP
cold-beer

cold-beer

LawnSite Senior Member
Faster to scoop up piles by hand or blow and tarp then to use those hh vac thingys. By the time you Vac and empty the meager bag. Pure homeowner.
We use blowers, rakes, and tarps just like everyone else, but the handheld vacs are great for stuff like small beds or cleaning out curbside gutters.

I was just wondering if anyone made one with a little more power that still a handheld. I'm surprised nobody makes one in the 40cc range.

Redmaxmann01

LawnSite Member
We use blowers, rakes, and tarps just like everyone else, but the handheld vacs are great for stuff like small beds or cleaning out curbside gutters.

I was just wondering if anyone made one with a little more power that still a handheld. I'm surprised nobody makes one in the 40cc range.

it all has to do with weight to power ratio. Nobody wants to lug around by one hand a blower that weighs 16 lbs or more. Technology maybe there, but it isn’t being implemented, or costs too much to the end user to be profitable

OP
cold-beer

cold-beer

LawnSite Senior Member
Echo vac blowers are popular. Don’t know if you would call them commercial grade, but parts are easy to find. Wish companies like Maruyama and Redmax got on board, but I guess when your selling commercial grade equipment handheld vac blowers aren’t really going to sell to Mr or Mrs landscaper. They have those huge walk behind vac sucking machines
Echo doesn't really make anything that's not at least somewhat commercial grade. Even their $200 hand blowers have the same 25cc professional grade Jap motor as their flagship trimmer. People get confused with that because they sell Echo at Home Depot, but they don't make any true 100% Chinese made homeowner garbage like Stihl or Husky does with their low end stuff.

I would like to see Maruyama or Redmax make a slightly beefier version of the Echo hand vacs too. I'm sure they would probably run $500, but they would be well worth it. Something in the 2hp range with a steel impeller.

OP
cold-beer

cold-beer

LawnSite Senior Member
it all has to do with weight to power ratio. Nobody wants to lug around by one hand a blower that weighs 16 lbs or more. Technology maybe there, but it isn’t being implemented, or costs too much to the end user to be profitable
Probably just not a big enough market for it. All the bigger vacs that I've found are walk behinds.

hort101

LawnSite Fanatic
Echo doesn't really make anything that's not at least somewhat commercial grade. Even their $200 hand blowers have the same 25cc professional grade Jap motor as their flagship trimmer. People get confused with that because they sell Echo at Home Depot, but they don't make any true 100% Chinese made homeowner garbage like Stihl or Husky does with their low end stuff.

I would like to see Maruyama or Redmax make a slightly beefier version of the Echo hand vacs too. I'm sure they would probably run $500, but they would be well worth it. Something in the 2hp range with a steel impeller.
Exactly echos models are all commercial

Im guessing you're only find a walk behind machine with a hose attachment

Im interested also if there's anything in between

If it was a back pack probably need a separate hose and a trash can as a collector

Redmaxmann01

LawnSite Member
Probably just not a big enough market for it. All the bigger vacs that I've found are walk behinds.
Yeah I mean if your working commercially or have just a large enough property 1/2 acre or more and value your time your going to spend the money for something that can move a piles of leaves and debris fast. Those handheld jobs do serve there purposes, but the walk behinds will always outsell the handheld models

OP
cold-beer

cold-beer

LawnSite Senior Member
Exactly echos models are all commercial

Im guessing you're only find a walk behind machine with a hose attachment

Im interested also if there's anything in between

If it was a back pack probably need a separate hose and a trash can as a collector
Even if all it did was shread, a backpack would be cool.
Something like a 70cc with a duel impeller that turns leaves into dust that was also powerful enough to shread twigs and pine cones as well. Add the option to flip a switch and use it as a blower, and they would sell a million of them imo