Who need a Licence

Puddle of Oil

LawnSite Bronze Member
Nope, just the guys spreading chemicals.

grass-scapes

LawnSite Bronze Member
It depends COMPLETELY on the municipality, city, county, state that you live in. Someone who lives in Ohio cannot accurately answer a question about an issue such as this from someone in another state.

Check with THEM, not here. Its nothing more than a simple phone call to your governing organization where you live. You will get correct information there......usually.

Here, You need a pesticide license for something as small as round-up. (after all, weeds are pests) Irrigation contractors above a certain dollar amount need a license. You need a license to operate in the city here...and a separate one for other cities in my service area.

Landrus2

LawnSite Fanatic
Up here to mow you need a county license and a village license
On the village license there is a fee for each truck and trailer
Not like the seventy’s miss that time

jsslawncare

LawnSite Bronze Member
We have to have one for mowing here. And one for everything else it seems.

In reality just about every person on this site needs a license. You can't spray even a drop of a non-selective herbicide such as RoundUp without a license. I didn't have a license for years but got my applicators license last year when Top Choice became a RU product.

After going through about 400 pages of study material, and taking three tests with a total of 250 question I got my license. If you have a HS diploma you can probably handle the test.

I also got my Class A CDL license last year since I can gross over 26,000 lbs with two of my trailers.