1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

who pays for this?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, May 26, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i recently bought a new walkbehind. the dealer ordered, and assembled it. i took it out, and brought it back a day later. the deck was tearing up the grass. in other words, i had almost no clearence between the deck and the ground, which in turn caused the deck to tear up the turf . the dealer said it was assembled as per specs. i say, it was not a useable piece of equipment. he raised the deck one "notch", now it is fine. should i be charged for this?

2. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Heck no!!!!

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

No dealer support

4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Dam chinese lawn mowers, and the dealers that sell & service them :D

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Interesting thought...isn't it?

Save a few bucks in the beginning to cost down the road.

6. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Fanatic
    from zone 6

If you bought one of those cheap mowers and did not check the way it was set up BEFORE you took it home I would not expect the dealer to do shop work for free. This is were inexperienced lawn boys trying to save a buck get educated.

7. alwaysgreener

alwaysgreener LawnSite Member

I'm with dishboy... You should test and know everything about the equipment before taking it out into the real world.

8. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

no of course you should not pay for it. i never do. what mower did you get. did you buy or lease the mower.

9. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

If its that hard to change the cutting height on a mower I know I wouldn't buy it. If its not why didn'nt you just do it instead of going to the hassle of bringing it back?

10. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

I think you should put it on the invoice of the lady who's fence you broke.. Tell her that her plastic fence caused this problem....