1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Who runs toro?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by arl250, Mar 14, 2019.

1. arl250

arl250 LawnSite Bronze Member

Just curious.. seems like Deere and scag and Exmark are the most popular on this site. In my area it’s a little of everything but probably more scags than others. But I’m a scag guy myself and have no complaints with them except for a few minor things. But lately I’ve bought a few things from my toro dealer and he’s talked me into demoing the 6000 series with the horizon technology. So far just playing around at home I really like it. Nothing much is growing here just yet just patches here and there but from what I see it mows just as good as my scags do. But just want to hear some real world experience from people whole actually run these things.

2. OP
    OP
    arl250

Nobody runs toro?

GrassManKzoo likes this.
  3. GrassManKzoo

GrassManKzoo LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Kalamazoo, MI

No one runs toro, went to site one to order Zspray parts which toro bought, get my parts over a week later and they’re all eXmark branded parts wtf?!

4. Koehn's Lawn Service

Koehn's Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

I run commercial toro 21s that's it but have ran them forever and they last forever great machines have never ran or have experience with any of there bigger machines

hort101 likes this.
  5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

The President of Toro runs it.

6. OP
    OP
    arl250

I bought the commercial 21 this year with the Honda and absolutely love it so far

F&J Lawn Service likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    arl250

Which I’m not saying I’m going to ditch scag by no means but like I say I’m impressed with this 6000 series so far. Just makes me wonder why I don’t see more of them. One guy local to me has run toro since the late 90s and loves them but he’s the only one around I know of

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Nothing wrong with Toro, but they're more or less the same as an Exmark.

Been running Grandstands for several years but will likely be switching to Scag due to the better cutting\discharge in wet conditions.

Ridin' Green likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    arl250

The discharge in wet conditions is my biggest concern. And having this demo right now I can’t really see how it does in that situation. Other than that the mower itself the layout and just the feel of it I like better than my turf tigers honestly. But the cut is where it’s at. I have a good relationship with my scag dealer however it seems that they really cater to the guys buying 5 or 6 units at a time and not so much to a guy like me buying one here and there. I seem to be building a good relationship with my toro dealer as well though and they seem very appreciative of my business. That’s the only reason I’m even giving a toro zero turn a try.

10. whammer33024

whammer33024 LawnSite Senior Member

i'm in toro country. i'd say 80% of the people that mow here use toro. we have an amazing dealer that i buy everything from(stihl, snowblowers, 30" mowers, etc) but i won't buy a toro ZTR. i've owned a couple turbo force decks in the past and the decks clogged terribly for me. i'd love to be able to buy all of my equipment from the same dealer, but i just can't bring myself to deal with clogging when my deere and scag don't do that.

this is from my personal experience and yours may be different. i have a buddy that runs toro and he swears by them. he leaves a good cut as well so i'm not taking that away from them. if they could figure out the clogging issue i'd be on one. toro is also more expensive here. i'd love to give them another try with a demo but you can never get a demo during the right conditions

Ridin' Green likes this.