Who sells trees?

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by Vecchio Lawn Care, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Vecchio Lawn Care

Vecchio Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Who else on LS sells Christmas trees? How many years have you been doing it and how many trees do you sell? Competition?

2. ddlandscaping

ddlandscaping LawnSite Member
    Male, from poconos of pa

for me it was a great add on, I started in 2005 it was extremely good, then whole sale tree prices went up, a #1 6-7 douglas con color $21.00, then they went to 28. Then an increase in competition didn't help either

3. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Jim is the director of the Maryland Christmas Tree Association.

He should be able to answer any and all of your questions for growing Christmas Trees in Maryland.
    easy-lift guy

4. OP
    OP
    Vecchio Lawn Care

I was just looking for other tree sellers to compare tree species sold, best times to sell, prices, etc.

5. easy-lift guy

Suit yourself. You will not get any better info from anyone in the state of Maryland other than the recommendation I made. The rest is up to you.
    easy-lift guy

6. ken18621

ken18621 LawnSite Member

If you are paying over $20 wholesale for a 6-7 foot douglas or concolor you are paying too much, Unless you are getting them drilled,baled, and delivered. I will sell you trees for $20 all day...... Premiums and #1's mixed.

7. OP
    OP
    Vecchio Lawn Care

I agree. I get #1 doug firs drilled and baled for $13 any size. I just have to haul them.

8. GrassManKzoo

GrassManKzoo LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Kalamazoo, MI

Don't know how far your willing to travel or whatnot but we have a large supplier in MI, Wahmahoff tree farm located in Gobles, MI
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. easy-lift guy

Wow, your in Michigan and the OP is in Maryland. With a sizable number of growers presently available in MD I wonder if the OP will take you up on the offer?. Of course I have seen some really unusual decisions made when sourcing product on this site. I am sure the OP will figure out what he wants to accomplish one day.
    easy-lift guy

10. GrassManKzoo

GrassManKzoo LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Kalamazoo, MI

The guy is looking for information. Just giving him a source from the largest supplier in my state, also your in Florida Mr. Palm Tree, there's probably more pine trees in my back yard than you've ever even seen down there, so please don't criticize me for trying to help.
    Posted via Mobile Device