Who to call to have drainage done on driveway?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by thematrixz, Aug 15, 2006.

  1. thematrixz

    thematrixz LawnSite Member
    Messages: 20

    My driveway is slight slopped toward the garage side, therefore water gets collectec near the entrance of the house. I'm thinking having some drainage grates/pipes intalled on accross the driveway to get that water somewhere else (it's not so much of a problem in the summer, but in the winter, I constantly have a sheet of ice out there, I'm in MA)

    Should I call a lanscaper or paving people?

    Thanks for any help.

    Also, the driveway is about 20' across, should I have grates going all the way accross? what kind of money should I be ready for before calling?
  2. Critical Care

    Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,654

    I'm not sure how much it would cost, but it would make sense to have the grating go all the way across the drive as long as the water can be diverted off to one side of the drive. Hopfully you don't live in a bowel where about all you can do is to dig a deep trench and fill with drain rock.

    Some landscapers may do this work, but percentage wise I'd assume that you'd have better luck finding someone in the construction, paving, or concrete industry.
  3. NNL&LS

    NNL&LS Banned
    from zone 5
    Messages: 88

    This is a simple job that many landscape contractors can tackle. We do this type of work quite frequently, and I would expect to charge in the 1000 range, depending on what the area around the drive is like (hills/bank/retaining wall, etc.)
  4. thematrixz

    thematrixz LawnSite Member
    Messages: 20

    Thank you for the tips, I'll start calling a few people around this areas see what they think.

    I'm in Methuen, MA if anyone here wants to come by and give me an estimate.

    Please PM me.

Share This Page