1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

who uses laptops on site?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by koppandson, Jan 6, 2008.

1. koppandson

koppandson LawnSite Member

do you use a laptop in your truck? if so ... what do you use for a stand? i want to get one of those mounts but dont want to spend $300 for one... what are you guys using? ideas?

2. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I use mine while I'm out and about. I just set it on my center console and move my seat back all the way. It makes a pretty good platform. I don't leave it there though. I make sure it is sitting safe in my briefcase before I move again.

3. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Now that I finaly have drawings of all my customers systems on a flash drive I will be using a laptop. When 1 of my guys gets jammed up on a job I can look up the info and give it to him over the phone.

4. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

I have a laptop in my car also. There are a few new mounts that came out this year to use in your truck. I really can't remember all the names. Ram is one that has been out for a while. There is another one that came out to and it is only 150 bucks for the thing but I have it and it is a little wobble in the truck.

I just use mine to browse the internet while my guys are making me money! :)