Lawn Care Forum banner

Who wears shorts or pants

84K views 202 replies 120 participants last post by  Darryl G 
#1 ·
Just wondering who wears shorts or pants, I saw a thread on shoes and it seems like everyone wears steel toed boots. For me as soon as it gets warm enough for shorts that is what I wear till it is cold again. I wear hiking shoes, it would look silly with big boots and shorts.

#2 ·
T-shirts, cargo shorts, and hiking shoes when mowing. When I'm doing tree work or running a chain saw long pants (duck head, dickies, or carhart) and steel toe boots. I aways wear my tinted safety glasses and sunscreen. BTW I'm thinking of going with thin long sleeve fishing shirts for mowing to help with sun damage to my arms.

#3 ·
Most of the time, I wear shorts and wore-out, but oh so comfortable sandals. Every now and then, but not often, I wear steel toe boots and carpenter jeans when I have to weed eat a good bit.

#194 ·
and wore-out, but oh so comfortable sandals
Are you serious? Lol ever since I almost chopped my toe off with the scag I swore off wearing tennis shoes... it's steel toe boots or nothing. I used to wear shorts till I got the most God awful case of poison ivy up the backs of my legs, damn near clawed myself to death. I wear boots & pants.

#4 ·
#5 ·
I usually wear basketball shorts and steal toe boots. I hate wearing regular shoes because you get too much grass in them

#6 ·
...forgot to mention that I also wear a straw hat.

#17 ·
Since I've had help this last year I was able to go back to wearing shorts in the heat. Otherwise I just stuck to jeans most of the year.

I also wear a straw hat, actually just picked up a new one from Bass Pro the other day. I go with short sleeve and I MUCH prefer the ployester wicking shirts. NOT under armor though. I bought one and compared to my walmart $6 cheapos the UA was a complete joke! Felt like I was wearing a garbage bag!

I've also contemplated going to long sleeve button up shirts, and long pants always. I know it's supposed to be cooler if you are covered up but I've never found that to be true. I'm 32 now though and I've got to start keeping the sun off of my skin more... Sun screen just doesn't work as I can't ever get into a routine of putting it on every day, sometimes 2x a day.

For shoes I've been wearing Vasque hikers. I also have a pair of redwing steel toe boots. I wear a 15 though and the steel toe boots look more like clown shoes and are pretty hard to get around in! Not a big fan but I paid a freaking fortune for them! Next time I'm going with the murells. The Vasque ones just aren't holding up like they should.

#19 ·
if im running the trimmer...I wear lightweight long fishing pants......if I have my helper to run the trimmer....its shorts and crocs for me
Every time I'm introduced to a male wearing crocs or sandals in public, I make a point to somehow step on their foot.

#21 ·
Since I've had help this last year I was able to go back to wearing shorts in the heat. Otherwise I just stuck to jeans most of the year.

I also wear a straw hat, actually just picked up a new one from Bass Pro the other day. I go with short sleeve and I MUCH prefer the ployester wicking shirts. NOT under armor though. I bought one and compared to my walmart $6 cheapos the UA was a complete joke! Felt like I was wearing a garbage bag!

I've also contemplated going to long sleeve button up shirts, and long pants always. I know it's supposed to be cooler if you are covered up but I've never found that to be true. I'm 32 now though and I've got to start keeping the sun off of my skin more... Sun screen just doesn't work as I can't ever get into a routine of putting it on every day, sometimes 2x a day.

For shoes I've been wearing Vasque hikers. I also have a pair of redwing steel toe boots. I wear a 15 though and the steel toe boots look more like clown shoes and are pretty hard to get around in! Not a big fan but I paid a freaking fortune for them! Next time I'm going with the murells. The Vasque ones just aren't holding up like they should.
Jason,

The Performance Fishing Gear fishing shirts work good. Long sleeve, button up, it breathes and lets the wind through. It looks good and professional too.

#24 ·
Timberland pro steel toes. And pants. I ALWAYS wear pants. The onlytime i wear shorts at work is If its 100+ outside and im not operating any equipment. And the only time i dont run any euipment is on mulch jobs basically.

#25 ·
well the day you wear them all day on a wet day they are alot better than tennis shoes. If you are not walking around and just riding it makes it much nicer to not be stuck in wet shoes all day...
I wear crocs to walk around in. If I am actually working, I am in chemical resistant boots. No point in putting on fancy shoes if I am only going to be taking them off. Those chemical resistant boots are also never worn into the cab of my truck either.

#26 ·
basketball shorts and sleeveless tees when it's hot which down here is 90% of the season. sweatsuits when it is cold. hiker boots always. no steel toe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.