1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Wholesale Nursery in Milwaukee, WI area

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by WEEDEATER, Nov 8, 2002.

1. WEEDEATER

WEEDEATER LawnSite Member

I'm looking for a wholesale nursery in Milwaukee, WI area. Any suggestions.

2. lawnstudent

lawnstudent LawnSite Senior Member

There is W&E Radtke, Inc. in the Milwaukee area, but they only do perennials. Good luck.

jim

3. WEEDEATER

do you have anymore information on W&E Radtke I can't find anything on the web.

Thanks for your help:)

4. lawnstudent

lawnstudent LawnSite Senior Member

That's about all the info I have. I don't live in the Milwaukee area. I did attend a seminar in Franklin, Wis. where George Radtke, owner of W&E Radtke, INC., gave a talk. I believe they are in the northern suburbs of Milwaukee. Try the yellow pages. Good luck.

jim

5. neighborguy

neighborguy LawnSite Member

Radtke's is located one block north of Freistadt Rd. in Germantown and just east of Hwy 175. their office is on the south side of the street. Sorry I don't have a number or the street. When you turn off of 175 on your left is an empty field.

Another wholesaler is Wayside Nursery. I believe it is right on 76th street north of County Line Rd. but south of Mequon Rd.
    That's the best that I can do, we get a lot of our material from Minor's Garden Center. THey have a special contractor office and can deal with large quantities.

6. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

Hey
    Well its cool to see more Wisconsin people on lawnsite. I live in Richfield and drive down to germantown alot and i have never heard of this place. Ill have to look for it if i need anything, have some major plantings to do next year and i thought about going to a nursery yard but only know of a handfull but ill have to check out this Radtke place.
    Where you from neighborguy? Know of a few others that are from the area.
    Matt

7. neighborguy

neighborguy LawnSite Member

I made a mistake in my last post: It is east of 145, not 175. Sorry about that. In all actuality I work for one of the larger landscape companies in the area and don't have my own business. I wish I had the opportunity to start my own bus but just can't do it right now.

8. peck

peck LawnSite Member

There is a place in milwaukee called minor's. It is a huge nursery. It handles all types of tree's shrubs, mulch, pavers, blocks, etc... I hope this helps you out.

9. WEEDEATER

Thanks for all your help and information.