• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Who's driving down prices?!?

precisioncut

LawnSite Senior Member
Had a friend come to me and ask to look at his yard and bid for just aerating. So I did. It was late, pretty dark, so I didn't measure or even get a good look at the back yard (I had a good idea of how big it was because they are all the same in this area). They are all close to 7500 sq.ft.

So since I was his friend I thought I'll just charge him $40. When I said I'll do it for only $40, he said, "$40!!!! Just for aerating. Thats a bit expensive, don't you think?" I told him NO and that I actually brought the price down for him and he still wasn't pleased. So I wonder, How do the prices for this kind of work get drove down so low?!?:confused: :eek:

dkeisala

LawnSite Senior Member
Tell him to go spend half his Saturday, go down, rent one, pack it home, aerate his own f***ing lawn, clean it off, fill the tank, load it back up, return it to the rental place THEN tell you 40 bucks sounds expensive.

GarPA

LawnSite Silver Member
holy crapola...I wont even onload the aerator for less than $75 and thats for a postage stamp lawn...this guy is a flaming idiot...steer clear of him ...forever

OP
precisioncut

precisioncut

LawnSite Senior Member
GarPA-you won't unload for less than $75! We have to, no one will pay those prices for a postage lawn.
Try to offer someone a good deal and still nothing, oh well.

seascape

LawnSite Member
This is probally why i have very few friends anymore. The bigger i got the bigger the requests got. Ive done 1000s worth of discount and free work for friends and family,,, for what? NOTTA,, what do i need from them? Whats in it for me? NOTTA everytime.
Only place youll see my equipment now is mom and dads. Period !

I get burnt everytime.

Mike