Lawn Care Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now! ENDING SOON

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a pretty heavy frost last Thursday night and a light one last night. Looks like things are going to be slowing down here in NE Ohio. Get the plows ready ya'll I think were in for a bad winter..

Any one else have to scrape winshields?

Mike
Greenkeepers

·
Registered
22 Posts
First frost Sept. 23(light).Temps in the high 30's on the 24th and 25th but heavy fog prevented frost. Killing frost predicted for this weekend in the high country of southwestern Va. Leaf season is here.

·
Registered
662 Posts
We are forcasting a HI of 30 and a low of 20 on Friday~Alexandria, MN. Things are already slowing down, this should really shut down the grass growing. Its been a long summer, time for a break.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Same here in Indiana highs forcasted in the 40s for sat. Will slow down a little but grass will keep growing a while. Time to look at the leaf removel game.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Esby,
Forecast now indicating snow chance on Fri. also the forecast states "blustery" a term I havnt heard in 6 months.

TJLC,
I set a fan out in the yard pointed in your direction, let me know when to turn it off.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Toroguy-Yeah, snow is in the forcast for us to, do you mulch that white stuff then?!? Are there special blades for that? Just curious-Where are you located in the cities? Have a good one!

·
Registered
519 Posts
frost ? oh i know well were still sweating to much down here some mornings mornings are just right but were enjoying
a much deserved spring right now....yea we can still get a tan yet......columbus,G.a.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Esby,
I use skate blades on the mower and ride a snowboard behind my exmark. Seriously I dont think the snow will amount to much, maybe a day off.

Im located in the NW Metro. Have friends north of you on L. Miltona off 29, nice area.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I got a little sunburnt Sunday. I worked a 9 hour day and got some serious sun. I work full time but still it was warm enough this weekend and still just enough direct sun to get a little red. In Central Virginia we will not get frost till very late Oct. or early to mid Nov. It was 89 degr. here today and next week we could get a frost. Go figure.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
We got frost 2 weeks ago here in the Green Bay area but it got warm again and things are growing pretty well. We need some moisture. Leaf season begins next week.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Had frost 3 times here in east. WA. week before last then twmps came up and are to drop to 30 in a day or so . Bring it on I want this season over it has been harder than norm.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.