Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some lawns I have to do but is it rude to do them on labor day??

· Registered
32 Posts
Hell I'm doing some tree service today and my customer was glad she was off work so she could be there and make sure I get all the right stuff. Bad news for me that I'll have her over my shoulder but obvious some people are using today to catch up on stuff.

Damn! I need to get to bed. LOL

· Banned
23,143 Posts
I would worry about Thanksgiving and Christmas for sure
but I don't think Labor day is that big of a deal.

You might just keep your radar on to gauge your customer's reactions,
take it from there but I don't think you should catch too much flak.

· Registered
1,141 Posts
Running my regular route today. Nothing special about Labor day here! I cannot start the week behind! I finally got everything mowed last week for the first week in 3 consecutive weeks, I don't want to be behind!

I am really tired of rain but in 3 months when we cannot buy a drop of rain I won't be singing that tune.....:dizzy:

· Registered
3,530 Posts
Work - Not me, it's opening day in the central zone for migratory Dove.
Got the 28 gauge side by side, the dog, the utility vehicle and off we'll go in about another hour.

· Registered
1,313 Posts
Regular schedule day, but 11 have call to skip there service day, so can maybe get a early finish.

· Registered
3,125 Posts
cant mow!! getin ready to run Search and rescue missions.
o yea we are gettin hit by a Cat 3 hurricane right now!
Still better then a Cat 5+

good luck, also after its gone at least you will make money cleaning up debris from the storm :waving:

· Registered
11,100 Posts
cant mow!! getin ready to run Search and rescue missions.
o yea we are gettin hit by a Cat 3 hurricane right now!
Good luck and be safe out there!

I'll be working on my own property a little bit today. I won't be doing any customer work though. Happy Labor day everyone!! :usflag:

· Registered
2,306 Posts
You could always call and see. Or do them earlier in the day, because most people don't start grilling out until later like 1 or 2 in the afternoon.

· Registered
1,416 Posts
I only had two to do today and just got done

· Registered
1,432 Posts
Running my regular route today. Nothing special about Labor day here! I cannot start the week behind! I finally got everything mowed last week for the first week in 3 consecutive weeks, I don't want to be behind!

I am really tired of rain but in 3 months when we cannot buy a drop of rain I won't be singing that tune.....:dizzy:
i agree with ya! ran my regular route and had 2 clients say they didn't think i was coming today cuz of labor day. but i showed up and they were happy cuz their grass was long! now time for a cold one :drinkup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.