1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Who's just getting started?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FireLTMower, Apr 9, 2014.

1. FireLTMower

FireLTMower LawnSite Member

I know the guys down south further don't get much of a break (if at all), but for us mid-Atlantic guys things are just getting going. I've gotten several calls from clients this week saying its "go-time". How about everyone else?

2. Dr. Cornwallis

Dr. Cornwallis LawnSite Senior Member

I'm down south but honestly things are really just getting going again, we had a weird year, I've been mowing EOW since November and many of my yards I only mowed once in Dec/Jan. Normally I get going again in March but every time it rains it gets chased with a cold front. April will be the first month of weekly mowing for me.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Whittaker's Lawn and Snow

Whittaker's Lawn and Snow LawnSite Member

Weekly mowing???? What's that? Lol up hear in wisconsin the grass isnt even turning green yet! Ive swept a few yards hear and there, and am currently finishing laying topsoil in a flower bed but that's about.it. probably wont do.my.first mowing till may

4. LilRabbit

LilRabbit LawnSite Member

No mowing, but Spring clean up time in Northern Michigan

5. AMW Landscaping

AMW Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I start mowing this week

6. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Made some calls and looked at a few....I'm starting Monday now.

Looks like rain here tomorrow too.

7. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Silver Member

Finally someone from my town on LS. Welcome! I'm starting Monday with mowing.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

We were mowing by end of feb last year. We actually mowed a few properties in jan

Running landscaping now probably start mowing next week
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. AMW Landscaping

AMW Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Rain is great for the grass. But it holds me back on the clean ups and installs

10. primeomega

primeomega LawnSite Member

Up here in the "north" I am just about to. Next week for me to start with spring cleanups. This we are looking at least a few weeks more to a month before the lawn gets cut.