Who's responsible?

Hoots

LawnSite Senior Member
I know my answer but looking for feedback.

Truck and 4' tall landscape trailer, 4 guys, trailer has misc. trash, broken fence pickets, dead shrubs, broken 5 gallon bucket etc. on the front half with mowers on the back.

They get pulled over for an uncovered load of debris when an officer claims to see a piece of plastic fall from the trailer between the deck and the gate. There is a windscreen tarp behind the backseat, a few pieces of wire hanging on the trailer and 2" straps in the truck as well as 6+ more straps at the shop.

Who's responsible for the ticket?

Me? Crew? Driver? All?
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
H

Hoots

LawnSite Senior Member
Oh, they are in one of my trucks and I'm in a different truck and no longer in the area.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
H

Hoots

LawnSite Senior Member

KrayzKajun

LawnSite Fanatic
Everyone who was there loading the trailer! Especially you if u were present when they drove off!
Posted via Mobile Device

TMlawncare

LawnSite Bronze Member
The driver is responsible for following the policies that you put in place regarding securing items on the trailer. As far as the ticket goes, you get to pay it.

OP
H

Hoots

LawnSite Senior Member
The driver is responsible for following the policies that you put in place regarding securing items on the trailer. As far as the ticket goes, you get to pay it.
So you're saying that by getting a ticket for not tar ping a load, I'm responsible. Am I responsible for speeding tickets, no seat belt, wrecks, and everything else under the operators control...not mine?
Posted via Mobile Device