• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

Who's using double sided Shindaiwa HT?

Keith

LawnSite Platinum Member
I have put off buying a new hedge trimmer mainly because the local dealers don't stock Shindaiwa hedge trimmers. I was at a dealer out of town about a year and half ago. I picked up a Shindaiwa, what I thought was a DH230-24 double sided and they felt pretty comfortable to me. I noticed, however, they say they are like 13 pounds. They didn't feel that heavy. It's got me thinking I picked up the "Homepro" model. I was sure it was the DH230 though. The ones I picked up didn't feel a whole lot heavier than the old Echo 1500's we had. What's the deal? Are they that heavy and just well balanced? Or is the the 13 lbs BS :) I know someone reading this has one, whatya think of em.

thefarmer4

LawnSite Member
I have a dh230 w/30" blade dry wt. is 12.8lbs.

It seems to be well balanced. I wanted the 24" but dealer was out and I needed one ASAP. Dealer took $20 off his normal discounted price for me.

They do get heavy after a few hours of use. I now wear a brace on my wrist when hedge trimming. I would suggest the same for everyone else to prevent problems instead of fixing your wrist like I had to do.

Kawasaki has a lighter hedge trimmer but I have seen no dealers, just saw them at a show.