Why are the Coke's in the 8oz bottles better?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KirbysLawn, Jul 30, 2000.

1. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

You're not stupid! All beverages taste much better when packaged in glass instead of a can or plastic. (there's a scientific explanation that I'm not getting into)Glass is more expensive than plastic & aluminum so that one costs the most. And from a marketing stand point, most people prefer the 20 oz. container for its size, so most people buy the 20 oz., so that one is priced the highest to get the biggest return possible on the increased volume of 20 oz. container sales. Marketing 101 :)

2. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

Some of the breweries here tried putting beer<br>into plastic stubbies (small bottles).It made<br>the beer taste like ****. That idea crashed and burned.<p>Karl<br>

3. Mid Rivers

Mid Rivers LawnSite Member

I think it tastes better, but I also think it reminds me of being a kid when that is the only way you could buy a coke. Have a coke and a smile.

4. jcoat

jcoat LawnSite Member

This brings up a saying a teacher once gave us in school: &quot;Never underestimate the taste of the American public.&quot; Think about the phrase and relate it to the Coke debate or anything else for that matter: Americans will pay top dollar for nostalgia; Americans have extreme tastes; Americans have extreme values; Americans have extreme demands they expect to pay low dollar for (lawn maintenance from a respectable business)... I could go on and on. There have been a lot of great postings pertaining customer demands and expectations over the last few days... we must remember to shift gears and add those perceived values to our businesses in order to help in the education of customers. Even though we make the calls, the customer still pays the bills!