Why aren't Aluminum trailer's that common?

soloscaperman

LawnSite Gold Member
The Pro's are gas savings, less stress on the truck and also they are rust proof, why don't I see LCO's rocking them out? They are hard to find in my state (CT). What is the weight savings 25%-50%?

OP
soloscaperman

soloscaperman

LawnSite Gold Member
Wouldn't the gas savings and stress plus better brake and rotor life makeup for the cost difference? If I remember correctly the 6X10 was about $500-$1000 more then your standard trailer.

Landscape Poet

LawnSite Gold Member
The Pro's are gas savings, less stress on the truck and also they are rust proof, why don't I see LCO's rocking them out? They are hard to find in my state (CT). What is the weight savings 25%-50%?
Because the crackheads would take your trailer to the local recycling center along with the cans that they had collected that day. :hammerhead:

djagusch

LawnSite Platinum Member
It's all about the cost factor.

I think the majority of LCO's are trying to do things as cheap as possible. Just read threads around LS. If they try to save $30 by buying a back pack blower online (that makes money for them). Do you think they want to spend $1000 more on a trailer to maybe save it in gas and wear?

Jimslawncareservice

LawnSite Platinum Member
Cost of 6x12 metal trailer with tax by me is 1750. Cost of same trailer by aluma is 3400. Now you can get a cheaper one for around 2k bit they are that, cheap. My metal trailer has the axle some what pushed up so I can move it easily with one hand. Now if you buy a metal you have atleast 1500 saved. You can use that for fuel money, advertising, other equipment, rainy day fund I could go on and on. I think it would take a long time to pay back the fuel savings versus the 2.
Posted via Mobile Device

KrayzKajun

LawnSite Fanatic
Wouldn't the gas savings and stress plus better brake and rotor life makeup for the cost difference? If I remember correctly the 6X10 was about $500-$1000 more then your standard trailer.
Becuz none of us pull a 6x10 trailer. Let's say its $500 more than standard. Multiply that towards an average sized trailer , say 16fter. You are looking at a $2000-3000 increase in price. I could buy two standard landscape trailers for the price of an aluminum one. Plus not every welding shop can work on aluminum.
Posted via Mobile Device