1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

why can't we PM Mods anymore?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by stumper1620, Nov 9, 2005.

1. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

I used to use the PM to report spammers, other things that I felt required attention, now I see we can no longer PM a mod. were they recieving harrassing PMs or do you not want us to contact them this way anymore?
    just wondered, as far as I know I've never abused this.

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Former Moderator

That's definitely odd for sure. I know I apreciated when you would pm me to let me know we had a spammer on board. I receive pm's every day, and I just double checked my settings to make sure, and i know on my end my pm's are working.

3. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Jodi, I don't mean to hi-jack stumper1620's question but, I have a question of my own. What happened to the sponsor forums like Hustler and the rest of them I cant see them. Did something happen to them or is it just me?

Thanks
    Rob

On edit I'm sorry I just now saw what has been changed. I didn't look hard enough at first.

4. stumper1620

nope can't do it from your cp anymore, have to highlight your name and use the dropdownn list, I just found that out when i went to respond to this.
    I used to just go to my previous PMs and high light your name, hit send PM to 1majortom and I was off to tapping away, now I will have to track down your last post to go that route. wierd. anyway, I'm gonna send you a PM in a miniute about a post I did earlier today.

5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Well I thought there used to be a "report post" button to use... I know a lot of people would actually start a thread about a spammer, but since they occour everynight that's a waste of bandwidth space. Iv'e never PM'ed a Mod about it, just hit the report post button. It's been a long while since I was on here in the middle of the night (when spammers hit) So I guess I never noticed the button missing.

6. stumper1620

I seem to have good timing for being on here in the mornings when they hit, so I just drop jodi or charles a PM to let them know. today I fouled up a post and wanted jodi to check it out for me and thats when I found out the usual route of PM would'nt work anymore.