Lawn Care Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts
I'd say sure it is possible but probably not probable just due to those things called variables. Let's just say you did have 660 accounts for fert and you were super fast on the application, let's say 20 minutes per application (I'm talking total time from the time you pull up to the time you leave after the application, which would include loading your fert, doing the app, or unreeling and reeling hose, packing equip back up, noting what you put down per your state laws, leaving invoice, flagging the property etc.) And I would think you would be super super fast if you could do that in 20 min on a 12k sq/ft average size which I think you had said. Based on these numbers you have just worked 1760 hours in any given year (just over 33 hours a week NON-STOP year round wet or dry weather, no sick days, no rain or snow days, no days to fix equipment or truck and not even a lunch or restroom break). And the problem is that doesn't account for any travel time at all, even if all 660 accounts were in one long straight row you would still have to move your truck some, probably quite a bit. Doesn't include time to go gas up your rig, get your fert from your dealer, or load truck up in morning or doing any of the required things per your state laws as far as storage or collection and proper disposal of rinsate if you are spraying - I'm just going on what I know TN laws are but I would guess GA has similar. Doesn't include time to market to get those 660 accounts, doesn't include time to call any of your 660 customers at all for anything because 33 hours a week you are just applying fert. Doesn't included time to go to the bank to deposit all those checks ;) But sure I guess anything is possible.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.