Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

· Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey it seems to me that most of the people on this site say echo is basically junk. what happened to them i thought they used to be on top? what made there products not be that great? i have had great service with them, but i don't mow 70 yards a week.

· Registered
94 Posts
They sold out to the likes of Home Depot. Their products seemed to go more toward the homeowner market with less quality parts. That would be my guess anyway, I could be very wrong. A lot of people claim they still have a great commercial line.

· Banned
7,078 Posts
They sold out to the likes of Home Depot. Their products seemed to go more toward the homeowner market with less quality parts. That would be my guess anyway, I could be very wrong. A lot of people claim they still have a great commercial line.
I'm one of them.... :)

I used my PAS 265 with the Pro paddle today, it ran great upside down, right side up for over a hour cleaning up gravel.

· Registered
9,807 Posts
it is hearsay, we have used them for about 25of the 29 years in business. they have gotten better in our opinion. of course we dont use those puny little 210 and 230 series either, those are weak homeowner/light duty commerical models. we only use there largest product line and have for years now.

· Registered
4,646 Posts
It's because of what you posted. People see them in Home Depot and buy them their, they don't realize they're not the same as going to an actual Echo dealer.

It's no difference than buying a John Deere or Toro "ZTR" mower from the big box stores, they are homeowner models.

Read the model numbers when comparing prices and you'll know if you're getting "cheaped".

All I ever use is Echo. I've had a Stihl trimmer, Honda, Shindaiwa, I didn't care for any of them.

· Registered
5,281 Posts
It's because of what you posted. People see them in Home Depot and buy them their, they don't realize they're not the same as going to an actual Echo dealer.

It's no difference than buying a John Deere or Toro "ZTR" mower from the big box stores, they are homeowner models.

Read the model numbers when comparing prices and you'll know if you're getting "cheaped".

All I ever use is Echo. I've had a Stihl trimmer, Honda, Shindaiwa, I didn't care for any of them.
thats why i refuse to buy from big box stores. i only buy directly from the dealer

· Registered
5,167 Posts

X2, I couldn't have said it any better.

· Registered
4,446 Posts
What do you mean big box store Echo are junk?? The famous SRM210 is as good as ever. You didn't read in another thread people were prasing the SRM210 that last years in commercial use? The Echo HC150 that is being use by a lot of LCOs here!!! I read most of the threads in the last two years and I can tell you there are enough people using these "home owner" Echo for commercials and have very good experience.

You just have to remember it is 21cc and treat it accordingly. Don't you pull a FS110 out and say the small Echo is gutless!!!!

· Registered
659 Posts
What do you mean big box store Echo are junk?? The famous SRM210 is as good as ever. You didn't read in another thread people were prasing the SRM210 that last years in commercial use? The Echo HC150 that is being use by a lot of LCOs here!!! I read most of the threads in the last two years and I can tell you there are enough people using these "home owner" Echo for commercials and have very good experience.

You just have to remember it is 21cc and treat it accordingly. Don't you pull a FS110 out and say the small Echo is gutless!!!!
i use the srm 230, 2 of them, no problems, i dont look at paying right at 300.00 dollars for 1 trimmer a homeowner's product. go to lowes, price a trimmer or buy it. not just buy it, see how many lco's on here use troy bilt trimmers. do yall call those backpack echo blowers at hd homeowners products also?

· Registered
578 Posts
I've got a 20 year old Echo handheld blower that just won't quit. The throttle wire broke about 5 years ago and I just set up the idle so that it blows hard enough to do some light work. I've never used anything but Echo for all of my 25 years.

· Registered
659 Posts
I've got a 20 year old Echo handheld blower that just won't quit. The throttle wire broke about 5 years ago and I just set up the idle so that it blows hard enough to do some light work. I've never used anything but Echo for all of my 25 years.
and my dad is the one that got me hooked on echo, not saying that i wont buy a sthil, or an shindawia, just like CHEVY, ford, or dodge.

· Registered
74 Posts
I love my 210. I have two of them going now? I first bought a 230 and a 210. The 230 has a ton of power but the 210 is much lighter. For light trimming I use the 210. The 230 I installed a blade and just use it for cutting the nasty stuff. NEVER had a problem going on three years. One time I bought a USED echo blower that was a trade in. I got two years from it before it locked up. I have a few stihl items but I wont get into my opinion on them. I wont buy anything but Echo until I actually have a reason to think differently. They are great

· Banned
1,774 Posts
A lot of people swear by Echo....I'm not one of them. I run all Stihl handhelds (over 30 pieces) and never had any of the problems with my 4 mix equipment that others say that they have had or heard about through dealers other LCO's etc. Echo lost my business when they came out with non-adjustable carbs. Yeah, I know you can drill through this plate or take something off and adjust a needle but...the bottom line for me is they aren't user friendly and I'll be damned if I have to jump through hoops to make a small adjustment in order to get max power out of it. I barely have enough time to post on here, let alone jack with something that is inferior to begin with.

· Registered
2,442 Posts
Scagguy, how many crews are you running to have that much handheld equipment?

I run both echo and stihl, they both have their strenghts and weakness's. I personally prefer echo but bought some stihl because I got a good deal on it. There is nothing like echo backpack blowers in my opinion.

· Registered
659 Posts
A lot of people swear by Echo....I'm not one of them. I run all Stihl handhelds (over 30 pieces) and never had any of the problems with my 4 mix equipment that others say that they have had or heard about through dealers other LCO's etc. Echo lost my business when they came out with non-adjustable carbs. Yeah, I know you can drill through this plate or take something off and adjust a needle but...the bottom line for me is they aren't user friendly and I'll be damned if I have to jump through hoops to make a small adjustment in order to get max power out of it. I barely have enough time to post on here, let alone jack with something that is inferior to begin with.
come on man, if i had a brand new top of the line echo on sale for $50 dollars with the warranty you wouldnt buy it? lol

· Registered
857 Posts
My Echo dealer is the same price as HD for the same models.Would never buy from anybody but the dealer.My local guy is top shelf.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.