1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Why do fonts change sometimes while entering words?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by oqueoque, Jul 15, 2017.

1. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Jersey

I had this happen a couple of times and just deleted what I wanted to post and read or logged off. I tried clicking the B above, to go back to the standard font, without any luck. Is there something else that needs to be clicked? I don't know if I did something to make the fonts change in the first place.

Now I noticed this in someone else's post. His fonts changed down around the end of his post on the 8th line from the bottom where it says (equipment have ). Here is the link below.
    https://www.lawnsite.com/threads/great-business-for-retired-guys.470527/

2. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

are you copying and pasting something by chance? I have noticed that if you do that, it is the font you are copying from...other than that, I do not believe fonts should change...the B would be to Bold something

3. oqueoque

Male, from Jersey

Why would the thread I referenced change like that? That is what I have experienced, I think. I wasn't copying and pasting, an it does not look like he did either. And this is not a major PITA, but I was curious, if I hit something by mistake. Could be I did something on my keyboard. It happens 2 to 3 times a year. I'm getting old, I guess everyone is.:laughing: Maybe I am going nuts.

4. Michael J. Donovan

in the thread you referenced, it appears to me that the member that posted that, chose the "I" above which will italicize the font...when entering text/posting, the font should not change unless you choose to change it or, as I referenced, if you copied something with a different font style

oqueoque likes this.
  5. oqueoque

Male, from Jersey

I just did that. And see if you click it again it goes back to the original. That sounds like the answer. Thanks. You restored my faith in my sanity.

Michael J. Donovan likes this.
  6. Michael J. Donovan

yes, I should have also explained that Thumbs Up

7. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Senior Member

Most forums have shortcuts to change fonts too.

If you are on a pc and press ctrl+i for example you'll switch to italics. Very easy to do this accidentally.

Skol, oqueoque and Michael J. Donovan like this.
  8. Skol

Skol LawnSite Member

4r