Why I sold my skid .......... And bought Tractors

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Mdirrigation, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

I needed a bigger loader than my skid too. 544H.jpg

2. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Gold Member

A good friend of mine runs this combination , with a mid size ex , and skid steer . Moves it with hook lift and dumpster cans . It opens up a whole lot more work

Diamond Dave and PLLandscape like this.
  3. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

I didn't even mention that but if I had a 750 or 650 with a hook, that would be awesome.

4. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Gold Member

They arent cheap , but they are money makers .

5. PLLandscape

PLLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't want to be solo anymore. Workers make work easier with the right person. Or even just some summer help.

Mdirrigation and hort101 like this.
  6. KevinHartley

KevinHartley LawnSite Member

9E436922-CE91-44EE-A455-CADD4A64A627.jpeg I love my BX. Very handy little tractor.

7. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

Here's my dilemma, maybe you guys can chime in.
    I want a 50-60hp hst tractor. L6060, 5740 or a Deere 4066r, that's size anyway. I want that size because it's most efficient for the snow work I have. I want the road speed. I have a Bobcat already, it doesn't get used too much during the summer. I'm wondering if a 50-60hp is just too big for the type of summer jobs I might have. I do have a 1.5ton mini ex too. Which I like having. I also do aerating, fertilizer etc. Are my 3-8 acre customers going to look outside and complain that a 60 hp tractor is driving around their yard.
    Obviously a 35 hp tractor is going to suit the landscape needs better, but it's too small for snow.

8. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

One size seldom fits all.

9. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Pick up a cab 60 hp for snow and larger average bush hogging.

You can get a smaller bx/1series for landscaping work

10. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

Tough pill to swallow because the 60hp tractor already needs a 6 or 7-11' expandable plow and maybe a blower.
    I just sold a mini skid (ramrod) which was ok but like everyone says the attachments are expensive and hard to find. My mini ex can dig at least so I'm not worried about that.

I look constantly but don't see many BX series tractors for decent prices. The last one I looked at had 30 hours on it and they wanted 16k. When I look back now though the BX is useless to me when I have a dedicated mini ex