1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

why is this happening

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ozd12005, Sep 15, 2006.

1. ozd12005

ozd12005 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the snapper 21" commercial hi vac with the 6 kaw. The problem I'm having is its laying about half the grass down and cutting the other half, it sure looks like all of it has been cut but with a closer look the grass is still long and laying down like its been rolled. any ideas of what it could be ?

I have already checked to following and it still cut the same

sharpened and balanced blade (took it to the dealer and wasted $7 bucks)
    spotless underneath
    all wheel height adjusters set the same

I bought this unit in the spring and have problem after problem with it and feel the unit was a waste of money. after trying the above with no results I had no choice but to take the old craftsman off the trailer and that old crapsman (as some will say) brought a smile to my face as it has in the past with its superior cut.

2. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Sell the scrapper I mean snapper and keep using the crapsman I mean craftsman..
    Did you try using a new blade? It may be bent?

3. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

Try getting the lift kit for your blade. Install that and you should see a difference.

4. Cobra Jock

Cobra Jock LawnSite Member

Try putting the blade on right side up:hammerhead:

Greg

5. ozd12005

What is the lift kit ? After reading your reply I went and looked at the snapper and see that the blade is really close to the bottom, As all the dealers are closed now I just cant vision something to lift this blade up :confused:

Also chadslawn I checked the blade it's not bent

6. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

Just a guess, but are you cutting fairly thin fescue? At a tall cutting heighth? Mybe with a mulch kit? If yes you can slow engine speed or lower cutting height some.and open the side discharge . Also if not mulching use a lower lift blade.It will help believe it or not.

7. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

It must be the grass we use that same mower for mulching on St Augustine and Bermuda and is does just fine. Although I am a Snapper fan I don't think it is a super mulcher and not a super bagger but darn good handling for trim mower.

9. ozd12005

Thanks for the info