Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in southern region and i have a Bermuda grass and i water every 2 days each zone 20-30 mins based on Rachio sprinkler zone feedback. This has been there from few years Did even dethatching of grass.My grass became thinner in look during fall season to see if I need dethatching after some feedback. Even did aeration done last year. I regularly apply next fertilizer from yardmastery and even tried other recommendations like ironite and milogranite. The top part stays green but the bottom remains unchanged. Any recommendations?

Attachments

·
Registered
18,972 Posts
Think about it for a minute before asking.......google it......why do you think growing grass will grow? I suggest you cut it to the ground and maintain a lower cut

·
Registered
610 Posts
I live in southern region and i have a Bermuda grass and i water every 2 days each zone 20-30 mins based on Rachio sprinkler zone feedback. This has been there from few years Did even dethatching of grass.My grass became thinner in look during fall season to see if I need dethatching after some feedback. Even did aeration done last year. I regularly apply next fertilizer from yardmastery and even tried other recommendations like ironite and milogranite. The top part stays green but the bottom remains unchanged. Any recommendations?
What is your height of cut?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Think about it for a minute before asking.......google it......why do you think growing grass will grow? I suggest you cut it to the ground and maintain a lower cut
Bro,
You mean to scalp it to the lowest setting on the mower?
All the lawn care guys on YouTube suggests that mow the lawn on highest setting. I'm confused.

·
Registered
26,352 Posts
Bro,
All the lawn care guys on YouTube suggests that mow the lawn on highest setting. I'm confused.
Hey bro If utube said jump off a cliff would you?
Asking for a friend

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bermuda will always be brown below the crown as it only gets green where the sun hits it. It isn't like cool season where the whole leaf is green. Personally I've never understood why people cut bermuda so tall. I maintain mine at 1.5". If my lawn were flat and I had a reel mower it would be even lower. Cut it shorter and there won't be as much brown.

·
Registered
456 Posts
The top part stays green but the bottom remains unchanged. Any recommendations?
That's just how Bermuda grows. Basically nothing wrong with your lawn except cut higher than "recommended".

I cut my Bermuda at 3" to 3.5" depending on the weather, and it looks similar to yours where it is edged.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Bro,
Because you're listening to people in the North with cool season grass tell you how take care of Bermuda, which is completely different. It like to be cut short.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts