Why such cheap mowing?

No gloves

LawnSite Senior Member
Free country.price as you want.very thankfull I can walk out my door and set my own prices.could be a guy flipping burgers for minimum wage and decided to work for himself instead of the boss.very frustrating because it can hurt you but at least we have the opportunity to set our prices.

OP
Tn Turf

Tn Turf

LawnSite Senior Member
Free country.price as you want.very thankfull I can walk out my door and set my own prices.could be a guy flipping burgers for minimum wage and decided to work for himself instead of the boss.very frustrating because it can hurt you but at least we have the opportunity to set our prices.
So you think he has a business license and pays taxes? Sounds like it hurts all of us since he gets to skirt the law

OP
Tn Turf

Tn Turf

LawnSite Senior Member
As low as $15
Someone gets that price
Not you
But someone
The old heater ad technique. Back in the day when I worked as a car salesman, before social media, we used to call that the heater ad.

The gimmick was to list some vehicles cheap to get people in the door, then tell em it's unavailable to them. And then try to upsell them a much more expensive car that they didn't want or could afford. So they'd get all "heated" angry mad, and pissed off and storm out threatening to call the BBB and attorney general. Lol

Such a risky gimmick now with social media, online reviews, and outlets for people to destroy your brand at ease from behind a computer.

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
The old heater ad technique. Back in the day when I worked as a car salesman, before social media, we used to call that the heater ad.

The gimmick was to list some vehicles cheap to get people in the door, then tell em it's unavailable to them. And then try to upsell them a much more expensive car that they didn't want or could afford. So they'd get all "heated" angry mad, and pissed off and storm out threatening to call the BBB and attorney general. Lol

Such a risky gimmick now with social media, online reviews, and outlets for people to destroy your brand at ease from behind a computer.
Google reviews and online reviews are becoming a thing of the past
Most people who actually have money and want to buy things ignore them because they realize google reviews have become a cesspool of either your friends and buddies giving you good reviews, your competitors giving bad ones or other people using it as a means of cyber terrorism because they couldn’t threaten you into getting what they wanted.
so the ratings have become so muddied that they no longer represent anything and are largely ignored.

OP
Tn Turf

Tn Turf

LawnSite Senior Member
Google reviews and online reviews are becoming a thing of the past
Most people who actually have money and want to buy things ignore them because they realize google reviews have become a cesspool of either your friends and buddies giving you good reviews, your competitors giving bad ones or other people using it as a means of cyber terrorism because they couldn’t threaten you into getting what they wanted.
so the ratings have become so muddied that they no longer represent anything and are largely ignored.
This couldn't be any further from the truth. From first hand experience on a daily basis, folks sign up with us because they rave about our reviews. Real people and real paying customers. It's a HUGE factor of our business and our success.

My demographic service area is upper middle class millennials. Ranging from ages 30 to 35 building new construction homes $500k to 1 million dollar.

Also we rank #1 in both business search and organic search. We have a big online presence

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
This couldn't be any further from the truth. From first hand experience on a daily basis, folks sign up with us because they rave about our reviews. Real people and real paying customers. It's a HUGE factor of our business and our success.

My demographic service area is upper middle class millennials. Ranging from ages 30 to 35 building new construction homes $500k to 1 million dollar.

Also we rank #1 in both business search and organic search. We have a big online presence
Then you’re not paying attention to the paradigm shift.

just because you’re not aware, doesn’t make your perception the truth.