Why such cheap mowing?

Turf Tracer

LawnSite Fanatic
Pretty sure she would have laughed at me had I told her $45 weekly lol.

that stop ends up well over$80 man hr on most days every week entire season

Mark Stark

LawnSite Fanatic
@Turf Tracer

$12 per mow is ridiculous. You think a customer will leave you because you charge $15!!?? Even $15 is ridiculously cheap.

You can make the case for what the hourly rate ends up being but either way you're leaving money on the table. No customer is going to drop their current service because the price goes from $12 to $15. It doesn't matter that you're making $80 an hour. You could be making $95 an hour and still be competitive and inexpensive.

Crazy 4 grass

LawnSite Fanatic
@Turf Tracer

$12 per mow is ridiculous. You think a customer will leave you because you charge $15!!?? Even $15 is ridiculously cheap.

You can make the case for what the hourly rate ends up being but either way you're leaving money on the table. No customer is going to drop their current service because the price goes from $12 to $15. It doesn't matter that you're making $80 an hour. You could be making $95 an hour and still be competitive and inexpensive.
Hmmm. But that lawn is literally smaller than my livingroom . Takes more time unloading and loading equipment that actually running equipment probably lol.

Wells mowing

LawnSite Senior Member
I got one tiny commercial property that i charge $25 bi weekly on all i do is weed wack around the building and blow off the side walk takes me about 10 minutes at the most.