Why use a stand alone walk behind edg

OP
Hurryupelectric

Hurryupelectric

LawnSite Bronze Member
I found this on the side of the road last year shortly after starting my mowing endeavor and thought I hit the lottery. I used it a little and it kinda sucked, I’m clearing out the odds and ends in my shop since I’m moving to a storage unit, I sold it easily for $90. Do these have any legitimate use? My edger attachment is way better.

OP
Hurryupelectric

Hurryupelectric

LawnSite Bronze Member
I use the gator edging blades on my stick edger and they seem to tear through the very occasional overgrown drive/walkway pretty easily. I don’t really take jobs that are so far gone anymore.

Cut n Strut

LawnSite Gold Member
I use the gator edging blades on my stick edger and they seem to tear through the very occasional overgrown drive/walkway pretty easily. I don’t really take jobs that are so far gone anymore.
You might not do them or need a walk behind edger anymore but somewhere, someone does - therefore they exist. They are pretty handy when your edging really long drives/side walks, like 1/4 mile+. Not a lot of fun doing those with a stick edger, especially if it’s the 1st time they’ve been edged.

Personally, I do not use a walk behind unit. I use a stick edger for the initial edge and maintain it with a trimmer the rest of the season.