Why use a stand alone walk behind edg

OP
Hurryupelectric

Hurryupelectric

LawnSite Bronze Member
Should have told him "oops, the ad was mistyped....it's not $90....it's actually $900"
He was a seemingly cool guy, didn’t have that arrogant air about him. I’m assuming that very few people that have any real money mow their grass. If they do they’re usually the obsessive type with all commercial stihl and echo stuff.

OP
Hurryupelectric

Hurryupelectric

LawnSite Bronze Member
I bought some odds and ends from a guy in a 3/4 million house like that and he ran all ego 56v. We talked a bit about the battery stuff and he really liked his gear, mower and all.

douglee25

LawnSite Senior Member
I still have a 3.5hp walk behind edger with a tri-blade on it. I used to use it initially on new accounts that had no edge. I think a stick edger would be hard pressed to do an unmaintained job like a walk behind will. I used to take off 4-5" on each side of the sidewalk.

Andrew H

LawnSite Gold Member
We use a walk behind edger, it’s made by Brown
Has a Honda on it, dual belt with a quad blade.
Does an amazing job at edging, and it a really nice tool on condos and areas where we’re doing a couple thousand linear ft of edging

OP
Hurryupelectric

Hurryupelectric

LawnSite Bronze Member
One major problem for me with this edger was shabby line definition. I always had to go back over the line with a stick to get it crisp. Even a established line wouldn’t come out nicely. I remember it being a little bit easier to run a new line on way overgrown crap, but now that I have some more skills I can get an edge fairly easily on overgrowth. The most use I ever got out of this edger was to “fluff up” my 4x6 when I only had the Turfmaster on it. Cheesy but it looked like a more complete setup.