Why use a stand alone walk behind edg

OP
Hurryupelectric

Hurryupelectric

LawnSite Bronze Member
The OP asks why use a stand alone walk behind edger?

I'm 6'4" and the stick edgers where not comfortable but the Tanaka WB edger is comfortable to use.

Have the TLE-600 in the video and its the bomb. Not a chance in hell I am going to sell it.
Does it come out on every or most jobs?

sjessen

LawnSite Fanatic
One major problem for me with this edger was shabby line definition. I always had to go back over the line with a stick to get it crisp. Even a established line wouldn’t come out nicely. I remember it being a little bit easier to run a new line on way overgrown crap, but now that I have some more skills I can get an edge fairly easily on overgrowth. The most use I ever got out of this edger was to “fluff up” my 4x6 when I only had the Turfmaster on it. Cheesy but it looked like a more complete setup.
Yeah, when i first started out I put everything I had on the trailer so it would look full.

OP
Hurryupelectric

Hurryupelectric

LawnSite Bronze Member
Have seen and heard good things about the new EGO 21" mower.
I’m gonna look for posts on the toro 60v platform, I recall it not getting much respect. I’m the type of guy to find a blown SR4 and slap a 60v motor on it from the toro parts site. Not that I’ve looked into it or anything...
I’m interested in the torque output but can’t find it.

OP
Hurryupelectric

Hurryupelectric

LawnSite Bronze Member
I’m gonna look for posts on the toro 60v platform, I recall it not getting much respect. I’m the type of guy to find a blown SR4 and slap a 60v motor on it from the toro parts site. Not that I’ve looked into it or anything...
865347CA-BEA7-4843-A6D4-4E2ECA30DF21.png

Interesting, toro threw one together already.

sjessen

LawnSite Fanatic
There is a Youtube video comparing the Toro and the Ego. The Ego in the video won hands down.

Groomer

LawnSite Silver Member
I'm not going to lie, I want one of these Tanaka walk behind edgers.
I'm not gonna lie.

best walkbehind edger ever created, and the only non-belt solid shaft drive 2cyle I've ever seen.

sadly, no longer made, I burned through 4 of them over the years before I was forced into other options after they stopped production.

those things are the cat's ass of edgers-light, nimble quick.