1. Site Upgrade Planned for Next Week!

LawnSite community,

As you know, we continually look for ways to enhance your experience on LawnSite and always try to make the site better, with more enhanced features and capabilities, and improved navigation so you can easily find the information that you’re looking for. So, the time has come for another software/site upgrade to a newer version of our platform. Once the upgrade is complete, we’re planning on making additional changes that will significantly improve upon your experience on LawnSite.

The upgrade is planned for early next week, with additional features being rolled out in the weeks and months ahead. As always, we welcome your feedback and look forward to hearing your thoughts.
    Dismiss Notice

Wild violet control

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RigglePLC, Apr 29, 2020.

1. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I tested five different products for control of wild violets.
    I am not sure--so far--Speedzone seems to be the most effective. Temperatures were about 55 F; this was applied just before the first mowing.
    Keep in mind Confront is no longer registered for home lawns. I have some left-over product with the old label.
    Confront is OK on institutional lawns.

Hopefully, I will be able to test Drive, Quicksilver, surfactant and all possible combinations of the products in the next few weeks.

LabelSpeedzo.jpg

Surgelabel.jpg

Yatt, zlandman, SS Lawn Care and 2 others like this.
  2. Jeff@diyokc

Jeff@diyokc LawnSite Senior Member

I’ll be following Riggle! Thanks for the control tests!

3. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

We are trying out Sure Power this year.
    I sprayed a few patches in my neighbors yard and this is what it looked like 3 days post treatment. I must say I am impressed. But not ready to go all out blanket spraying everything either.

We have already done a blanket spray for broadleaf with what we use normally - and we will just be using this as a spot spray as needed for any weeds left over and to target violets on our next spray round. IMG_6989[1].JPG

It is something that I want to see some better results on as it is quite the nemesis.

Jeff@diyokc likes this.
  4. Jeff@diyokc

Jeff@diyokc LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks beck!

5. Marine03112

Marine03112 LawnSite Silver Member

Quinclorac done two times on violets does a number on them.

6. Turf Perfectors

Turf Perfectors LawnSite Member

4 Speed Xt is the Golden ticket for violets in my experience! Smokes them every time, no questions asked. Or the full rate of a 3-way plus .5-.75 oz of straight triclopyr per 1K.

SS Lawn Care likes this.
  7. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

Sure power works great but I would never use it for a blanket spray, to much phytotoxicity during spr go and summer months.

8. nickg13

nickg13 LawnSite Member
    from NY

How far apart?

9. OP
    OP
    RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Treatments with Quicksilver plus Drive 5 seconds apart, Then--Quicksilver and Drive alone.

SA400315.JPG

SA400316.JPG

SA400317.JPG

SS Lawn Care likes this.
  10. starry night

starry night LawnSite Platinum Member

Speedzone works well for me

Hineline likes this.