1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Will a 61in Z fit on a 5x10 trailer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cam15, Sep 4, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    Cam15

Cam15 LawnSite Gold Member

I'm going to take a look at this weekend and see what I find out....

Mumblingboutmowers likes this.
  2. rippinryno

rippinryno LawnSite Bronze Member

so, is your 61" mower not actually 61" cut? You have to add at least 4 inches, so a 61" needs at minimum a 65" width to get in, with discharge chute up.

a 5.5ft wide trailer is 66 inches.....please explain how you magically got a few inches on each side, meaning, your 61" deck is actually only a 60" deck and the blades must not cut 60" either.

3. OP
    OP
    Cam15

I found out he's also selling his 10x6 trailer. Going to find out how much he wants.

MattZ28, AlohaMowing and hort101 like this.
  4. Hawkshot99

Hawkshot99 LawnSite Silver Member

Scag cheetah is 62.75" chute up. A couple is 2". So yes he can say what he said

5. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Will it fit a 5X10? It will if you get up enough speed before trying it................

Cam15 likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Cam15

Lol. True, I took a look at the mower and I really like it very solid. But without a question its not gonna fit. We made a deal he'll sell it to me at the end of the year so ive got more time to get money around for a trailer mower and truck.:laugh:

Doc8406, MattZ28 and Ridin' Green like this.
  7. Hawkshot99

Hawkshot99 LawnSite Silver Member

You said 61" but don't think you ever posted what mower. Got any pics?

Cam15 likes this.
  8. K c m

K c m LawnSite Bronze Member

you're confused this time because you're holding the measuring tape upside down bruhh:laugh:

Cam15 likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    Cam15

It's the ferris is2000z I don't have pics because he's just going to sell the mower at the end of the year to me.

10. rippinryno

rippinryno LawnSite Bronze Member

He didn't say a couple, he said a few, which is 3, so no he can not say what he said, lol. Math doesn't work.

Either way, let's play your game. Let's say his 61" mower is only 62.75" wide, or let's round it up to 63" just to make it easier. That means he only has 1.5" on each side with a 5'5" (66") trailer. Either way, his 61" mower is not only 63" wide from deck side to deck side and you know it, a scag cheetah also is not 1.75" wider than the cut, the deck sits at 63.5 inches wider.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019