1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

will both mowers fit?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sodgod, Mar 28, 2005.

1. sodgod

sodgod LawnSite Member

I'm lookin for a trailer. I would like a 14' but would a 12' work. I will have 2 48" walk behinds on it. Will they fit? plus ne litle odds n ends like during fall does anyone run the same setup?

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

i would go with a 14 min, down the road you might go to a ztr, they are like 7 ft long,but try and run as light as poss down the road.

3. NCLawnMedic

NCLawnMedic LawnSite Member

They will fit. I currently use a 12 foot with a 48" WB and a 60" Toro with all other necessary equipment. However, when it gets to be aerating season, I run into space problems and have to leave equipment. If you can afford it, I would do a min. of a 16" for future expansion.

4. PROCUTSLAWNCARE

PROCUTSLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

I have a 7x14 (deck size) tralior and have no problem with 2 walks and a zero on it! Gets kinda tight but it all fits nicely!!!

5. slicksilverado01

slicksilverado01 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

this one guy that mows around my hood has a 12 footer with one scag TT and a scag TC on it. he made a push mower rack that sits above the front wheels of the mower.

6. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC LawnSite Senior Member

We have a 5.5x10 and our 52" Stander and 48" Encore fit on it along with a 21" JD14SB comfortably. By the way, great to see a fellow Encore operator. They are great machines that are often overlooked by people diving into the walk behind world.

7. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Measure it! That is the most reliable way to know if they will fit.

8. Cigarcop

Cigarcop LawnSite Member

They'll fit but not much else. I'd get at least the 14' trailer. I just bought a new 16' tandem.....lots of room now!

9. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

if you find a good deal let me know i would like one to. I have a 12' but could really move up to a 14' :waving:

10. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

This image isn't to scale, but this is how I fit my mowers on my 7x14. Arrows are pointing to the front of the mowers. They'll fit fine. my trailer is 7.5 feet wide, however.