Will i be happy with a Echo SRM 225?

mayhem69

LawnSite Member
Hi, been using my Stihl KM94 and getting frustrated as hell with it. It just sucks at starting and then the air filter is always soaked with gas. I just bought a new Stihl carb for it. It still doesnt start like it should.
I found a Echo srm225 on craigs list for $100. Guy states he only used the ethanol free expensive stuff. Is this good deal and good trimmer?

CGros31

LawnSite Bronze Member
Hi, been using my Stihl KM94 and getting frustrated as hell with it. It just sucks at starting and then the air filter is always soaked with gas. I just bought a new Stihl carb for it. It still doesnt start like it should.
I found a Echo srm225 on craigs list for $100. Guy states he only used the ethanol free expensive stuff. Is this good deal and good trimmer?
The 225 is an excellent trimmer. If it’s in good shape I’d say go for it.

Mownmachine144

LawnSite Bronze Member
If he's only used ethanol free gas then the carb should almost be like brand new as far as gunk and stuff. Sounds like a good deal to me

Mownmachine144

LawnSite Bronze Member
If he's only used ethanol free gas then the carb should almost be like brand new as far as gunk and stuff. Sounds like a good deal to me

And yesss the srm 225 was my first gas trimmer getting started in the business. It is 4 years old now and still keep it on the trailer and still use it. The only thing is that I have it stored in a enclosed trailer and when it's hot the vent on the gas tank builds up alot of pressure cause some to go up in the carb and into the air filter kinda making it hard to start on cold starts. But other than that it's my favorite light duty trimmer.

grass_cuttin_fool

LawnSite Gold Member
echo 225 is a dang good trimmer...doesnt cost alot...2nd season on mine and going strong

OP
M

mayhem69

LawnSite Member
Just not sure now. If i buy new i can use my bus. credit card too. Hes a firm 100 on this, and it looks real clean. He states its approx 4 years old and he used approx 8 times per yr.

Top Forums