Will the fastrap system work on a Turf Tiger?

dobronos

LawnSite Member
I am going to buy a Scag Turf Tiger today, and I am wondering will the fastrap system work on the back tires? I think it will, but I'm just concerned that the large fenders will not give enough space to use the ratchet. Would it be possible to slide the ratchet closer to the back or front of the tire to get out of the way or the fender? Is anyone else running the fastrap system with the Turf Tiger? Pictures would be great if you were..! Thanks - Mike

orangemower

LawnSite Silver Member
Absolutely. You'll need to mount the strap chucks up farther out on the tire but they will work great. I don't own a TT but have seen them used on one. They will work fine. I use them on my Scag TC. They are the fastest way to secure a mower on a trailer that I've found. Good to see you WANT to secure your equipment. A lot of guys have confessed on here that they don't bother.
Good luck with the TT. They're a awesome mower. Post some pics once you get it.

djagusch

LawnSite Platinum Member
I have them on 3 turf tigers. Works fine.

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
I have found on larger wheel Z's, the straps are not as convenient and harder to rachet. Not impossible though.

OP
D

dobronos

LawnSite Member
Thanks for the replies guys! Would any of you mind posting pictures of your mowers with the fastrap hooked up? That would really help me out. And here is the link to my thread with pictures of my turf tiger! Thanks - Mike

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=367659

Landscape Poet

LawnSite Gold Member
Not to hijack this thread , but how many straps are you guys using on the bigger Zero Turns like the TT ?
I believe each fast strap is rated to 800lb but it is recommended that you use to no matter what the weight of the machine.