• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Will this engine fit?

texasmike

LawnSite Member
Someone that knows engines.

Can anyone inform me if this engine will fit. I know dimensions wise it will fit, and also that the muffler will have to be replaced.

Original Engine:

Kawasaki FH541V-BS31

Replacement Engine:

ArTurf

LawnSite Fanatic
I'll tell you what I know. Recently replaced a Kawa FH721 with a B & S commercial turf. First time engine swap.

What equipment is this in?

If your sure of the dimensions and muffler placement then good, good.

Is the crankshaft the same dimensions? My replacement was actually a hair longer and I had to use shims/spacers but not a big deal. Best to get exactly the same if possible.

Is the crankshaft threads the same? If not then you will need a new for the new engine. Again not a big deal.

Oil drain location. Is is going to be accessible? If not you might need a Drainzit type device.

You'll have to figure out the wiring. Not really a big deal once you understand a few things

OP
T

texasmike

LawnSite Member
I'll tell you what I know. Recently replaced a Kawa FH721 with a B & S commercial turf. First time engine swap.

What equipment is this in?

If your sure of the dimensions and muffler placement then good, good.

Is the crankshaft the same dimensions? My replacement was actually a hair longer and I had to use shims/spacers but not a big deal. Best to get exactly the same if possible.

Is the crankshaft threads the same? If not then you will need a new for the new engine. Again not a big deal.

Oil drain location. Is is going to be accessible? If not you might need a Drainzit type device.

You'll have to figure out the wiring. Not really a big deal once you understand a few things

AR Turf, I was hoping someone could chime in with the crank shaft dimensions. If not, I'll ring small engine warehouse tomorrow to find out more details. It's for a Wright 36" Stander.

I believe mine is a 3" and 5/32" and I believe the briggs is the same. But if no-one chimes in on the crank size, I'll ring them tomorrow and find out. I've replaced an FH before, so I don't think I'll run into too many issues.

ArTurf

LawnSite Fanatic
AR Turf, I was hoping someone could chime in with the crank shaft dimensions. If not, I'll ring small engine warehouse tomorrow to find out more details. It's for a Wright 36" Stander.

I believe mine is a 3" and 5/32" and I believe the briggs is the same. But if no-one chimes in on the crank size, I'll ring them tomorrow and find out. I've replaced an FH before, so I don't think I'll run into too many issues.
You can probably find the crank specs online