1. Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Gather your top questions about fertilization and nutrient management and join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

WINCH for loading truck/ trailer?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by recycledsole, Jan 18, 2013.

1. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

Hello guys,
    I was loading my trailer with about 200LB of decomposing leaves in a 16'X20' tarp and thought, what if i had a winch pulling this in here for me! that would be a lot easier.
    im thinking to mount in on my truck. I could attatch it to climbing rope so it could be removable if i didnt want it there.
    i just saw gas powered winches are quite expensive nothing under $1000 for 1,500LB winch. which would be overkill for the application. id say 500LB capacity just to be safe, but prob never lift anything over 300LB into the trailer.
    maybe a boom
    does anyone use this?

2. Trophy05

Trophy05 LawnSite Member

I'd check into an ATV winch. I have a Warn and it has never let me down when I needed it. I know there are cheaper versions as well.

3. nnusskern

nnusskern LawnSite Member

Harbor freight has very cheap ones like under 75 bucks for i think a 1/2 or 1ton not sure hiw good they are but it may work for occasional use.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

I've seen some of the smaller ATV winches mounted in a toolbox on the front of trailers for pulling disabled equipment on.

5. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I second harbor freight. They look pretty nice