• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Wing plow

finnegan

LawnSite Member
if its as good as he says then why the hell doesn't he put it on his new truck......

eskals

LawnSite Member
Well, I know very little about snowplows, but I do remember this topic coming up before. The consensus was that a pickup is just too light of a vehicle to handle a wing plow. You nedd a BIG truck for a wing.

Eric

Added In edit: I just saw the little video they had on the website. They show this plow in operation with very little snow on the ground, maybe 2 inches.

[Edited by eskals on 12-22-2000 at 01:17 PM]

CT18fireman

LawnSite Senior Member
I new a guy in Western Mass who built one for his one ton dump. He used it mainly to push back windrows. It worked well as long as he hsd weight in the back (sander). He would also used it in large lots to save time. I do not know if it would work with a sml truck.

S

snow

I think i've seen that truck in the big truck and equipment trader, pretty sweet setup for private roads, or if you got a contract to plow town roads.

BRYAN