1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Winterizer

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by tracyalan, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks quiet, I have noticed various response times, based on rain events mostly. In theory it degrades at a similar pace with the growing season as a result of soil temps. So I am guessing that even though it shows up in 2 weeks it is not all gone in 2 weeks. It should continue to release N as it continues to degrade.

In Texas, yours is probably used up more quickly than here. I wouldn't be surprised if there was residue in the soil next April, from what I applied last week.

2. Maybe you should consider charging a little more for your services, that way you could buy some better beer, and maybe the beer frats will change!

3. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Fanatic
    from zone 6

So know they have a product that will stain sidewalks if not blown off?

4. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Even worse if it gets wet and sticks to the bottom of your foot. :)

5. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Thanks phasthound -- figured it was time to change my avitar (state fair queen riding in my Challenger) cuz my HAWKEYES don't take any "crap" this year. (organic humor) :laugh:

I also like timturf's idea. :laugh:

p.s. I'm a U of Iowa grad (school of Busness)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  6. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Wow, Larry. If that well written and spelled sentence isn't an endorsement for higher education at the University of Iowa, I don't know what is. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

7. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

Originally Posted by americanlawn
    p.s. I'm a U of Iowa grad (school of Busness)

Give american the benefit of the doubt, whopass.
    He could have majored in table bussing at U. of Iowa :rolleyes:

8. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm gunna say many gradjitated with busness digrees, not Hordiculture. I no I did. :laugh::laugh:

9. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Okay you dipsticks, here it is -- raised on a farm in NW Iowa. A.A. degree at Iowa Central Community College (Ft Dodge, IA). B.A. at IOWA (college of business). By that time, I realized sitting in an office & balancing books was NOT for me. My hair was down past my shoulders, and I had a full beard. I became more interested in ecology, etc. Even subscribed to 'Mother Earth News' magazine. So I decided to attend Iowa Lakes Community College. Spent 2 1/2 years there, and got a A.S. in hort. Same weekend I graduated, I moved my family down to Dallas, TX and started working for ChemLawn Corp. This goes on & on, so I won't bore you to death with any more.

Hope you all now know why I'm a HAWKEYE fan who lives in the HAWKEYE state. :usflag:

p.s. Mickey Mantel was actually one of my customrs in Dallas.

10. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Holy crap! A degree from AA? How's your liver?