Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
my company makes lawn-mower blades. A lot of them and many different kinds.
If you would have a wish list for how a lawn-mower blade should function, look, cost, etc.., What would be on the top of the list.
For example: Is it stay sharp properties, air lift function, flatness, color, offset, mulching properties, easy change over, sharpness, etc.

What is bad with the blades in todays market?
Comments, suggestions??

Sincerely,
BladeMaker

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John,
Educational time for me.
When you say No Clumping or double Cutting, what do those two terms mean?

I can make some assumption, but that might be the wrong assumption.

Like to learn more.

// BladeMaker

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
-Blades that have reinforced cutting edges with some kind of metal that dulls very slowly.

-Longer Blade lifts

-Double blades made into one blade

-Blades that have notches by the spindle holes so you just have to losten the spindle bolts a little bit and slip off the blades. Easy on, easy off. Especially for peoples like LGF that go through 3 sets of blades every day:p

·
Registered
10,802 Posts
Blade Maker
You Must forgive Me WELCOME To LS.

Clumping== Big Glob's Of Thick wet Grass, Going threw Tall very wet grass With low lift Blades And Slow Blade Speed.

Double cutting=== Mowing Over The Grass, Then Having To Cut again To Get Ride Of It.

Well Your fun Has Just Started Enjoy!
John

·
Registered
10,802 Posts
We Can't Private Messege With this virus Thing.
I Use Double high Lifts On Thicker Taller lawns. Just Put the Two Together Like This +.
John

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Originally posted by PJ Binder
it only took ten post 4 meg-mo to show up
and your point is what?

·
Banned
23 Posts
Anything that will cut bahia grass, when it dry and tall, in one pass. Make them and then you can retire! I HATE BAHIA GRASS. Sorry, I just had to vent !

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey PJ me thinks meg mo was here all the time, lurking in this thread as a new poster. Not bashing you meg mo, mo power to you man just simply an observation.:D ps just wanted everyone to know not to take me serious so i posted a smiley

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Ultra highlift Ginsu blades, that have a lifetime warranty and never need sharpening. I mean if a knife can cut through a can, brick, then still cut bread... why the heck can't mower blades. :cool:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Color HMMMM I dont know if I much care about that. Well dont make them pink.

Welcome Blademaker- I dont want to sound rude, and I am not trying to be but I have to ask this question.
How is it that your company makes lots of blades and many kinds but you dont know simple terms associated with cutting grasses?
Are you an engineer or in Marketing? If so that would explain it.

Anyway to answer your question.

1. Blades that are actually flat. I have checked alot of new blades on a straight edge and most are not flat from day one.

2. Blades that have a replaceable cutting edge. Sort of like a wiper blade refill.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.