Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is just me or is it everybody that hates women salesman. I mean I just hate goin into a dealer and they come up to me, tryin to sell a product that they know nothing about. It always seems like you can't haggle them down because if you do they feel that your trying to pull one over on them. It just doesn't seem right having a woman selling a mans product.

Im sorry just having to vent a little bit. :angry:

·
Banned
66 Posts
iluvscag said:
Is just me or is it everybody that hates women salesman. I mean I just hate goin into a dealer and they come up to me, tryin to sell a product that they know nothing about. It always seems like you can't haggle them down because if you do they feel that your trying to pull one over on them. It just doesn't seem right having a woman selling a mans product.

Im sorry just having to vent a little bit. :angry:
Sorry. I like females.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do to just not as salesman.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Or salesrepresenatives. :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
One of the dealers that I buy from a husband and wife own the dealership. The lady is very helpful and informative. I have bought four blowers from her and she was able to answer every question I had with out hesitation.

·
Banned
1,420 Posts
I finally admitted to my wife just the other day (jokingly of course) I am a confirmed lesbian I LOVE WOMEN :) :blob3:

·
Banned
21,630 Posts
Yes our dealer has both his wife and daughter working with him and it took some time when the daughter first started but both the ladies are very knowledgeable and neither has their head so far up greed creek that they don't stop to ask the right questions before assuming every walk-in customer wants to be sold the latest gadget (THAT I hate). Overall, either of the women is just as helpful as any of the men in the shop.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was not assuming they were this way every where, but it is this one particular SCAG dealer where the minute you walk in the store there trying to sell you this that and the other. The one time I tried to deal with one they wouldn't drop a dime.

Hey guy's don't get me wrong;I would have Jessica Simpson on my crew any day. :p

·
Registered
100 Posts
The thing that is usually missing with a women salesperson is that they don't have firsthand experience in the field or with the product. Typically when I'm buying something I've read up on it thouroughly so I'm not looking to hear what the pamphlet says. This goes for men and women but I always like to hear the real information and OPINIONS. Today there was a woman who refused to sell me blades because she couldn't find them in the computer as being the right blade for the machine. I knew the dimentions so it was frustrating. I'm going to go back when the male owner is there to see if he can hook me up without a fight.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
well my girlfriend talks to all my customers. All i do is tell he what its going to cost and she calls to give the good news . She has no clue what i do on a daily basis and 0 about landscaping . She has a masters in psychology but she can talk to people a little better then me .

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is what I am talking about. Real field opinions. :)

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
iluvscag said:
I was not assuming they were this way every where, but it is this one particular SCAG dealer where the minute you walk in the store there trying to sell you this that and the other. The one time I tried to deal with one they wouldn't drop a dime.

Hey guy's don't get me wrong;I would have Jessica Simpson on my crew any day. :p
If she was on my cut crew id hope for rain every day good things happen on rain days :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
I stopped by one on the local dealers yesterday (they stock Encore, Exmark, JD, Torro, Red Max, Stihl, Echo, etc..etc..) and t was about closing time... The sales person asked if I was finding everything ok and if I needed anything...

I told her no, I was just looking... I said, I'm for sure not buying anything today, I'm just pricing some things as I might get back into the business...

She spend the next 20+ minutes explaining the differences between equiptment and pointing out things that I needed to know...

I'm sure some of you guys know more about ths stuff than her, but she seemed to be very knowlegable and confident in the way she explained everything...

When I go back to buy, I will be looking for her...

·
Registered
138 Posts
my partner is a woman (hence the YardMaid!). an old, 55 year old woman. she does all the work. she picks out all the equipment. she can outwork me any day of the week.

the dealer is in it for the money. i'm sure he had a good reason for hiring her or he would just be throwing that money away. can't judge a book by it's cover.

did you read that thread about old ladies? :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.