1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Won on Ebay

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TJLC, Jan 3, 2004.

1. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I just won a New Proslide on Ebay for $232.50. I checked around and that seems to be a pretty good price. I have never tried one so I hope it's as nice as I hear on lawnsite. It was my first time bidding on Ebay. It was interesting. It will be used on my 48" TTHP 17hp Kawi e/s.

2. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

gl with it....Bought my striping kit of ebay for almost half price.

3. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

I have bidded on ebay and won a few items, everything that I have bought has been cheaper and in good shape. I'm still skeptical when I get ready to purchase anything.

4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Now your hooked! I buy everything I nned off of eBay. I just bought some Mach 3 razor blades for about $1 each. Their $2 each at Walmart.

5. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Bob, it sounds like you are hooked! BTW, how much did shipping cost?! :laugh: ;)

6. maelawncare

maelawncare LawnSite Senior Member

God i have been buying everything off of ebay. Its so easy to do. I even bought a set of rims and tires off of there for my car. Dirt cheap and in good condition.

7. Sauls1686

Sauls1686 LawnSite Member

We bought a new Echo C somthing chainsaw (my dad's 1st ebay purchase) Got it for $199, retail was close to 3 somthing.

The guy emailed me (right after Isabel went through) and said that he had an accident that sent our chainsaw down a flight of stairs.

He sent us the MO back, but no chainsaw and dad had to pay for postage and the MO.

U really have to watch who you buy from. It's a gamble somtimes.

8. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I bought my blower mate on ebay for $35 brand new. that included shipping.

9. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

I bought my Turf Tracer Mower off ebay. :D Saved a few $$$$ over new.

10. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

Ebay is ok but watch the shipping and handling.