Wondering if I over bid this.

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by Shawn Schafer, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Mumblingboutmowers

Mumblingboutmowers LawnSite Senior Member

A bobcat would be helpful, but would also most likely cause a ton of turf damage that would need repaired. A job like this is where a compact tractor is the ultimate tool.

2. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

Short answer no you did overbid. Usually when the beds get this bad out of shape is because the owners either don't care or can afford the upkeep. Either way don't sweat it and get working on the next estimate.

Tara Ann and hort101 like this.
  3. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Platinum Member

No you didnt over bid . BUT there will be someone that underbids and will regret getting the job

Jeff@diyokc, Tara Ann and hort101 like this.
  4. petscanning

petscanning LawnSite Senior Member

I think your pretty spot on. I just did one like this last week. I use a string trimmer to knock it down then some strong round up to kill it all and topped with mulch after trimming the shrubs. I did this with my daughter and her friend (16 y/o) and charged $1950. I used a small JD lawn trailer hooked to my ztr and I would shovel mulch and they would haul it and spread it. Between the 3 of us I had 7 hours myself bc I prepped everything before they came and they were there with me for 4 hours. After mulch and paying the girls $300 I made $1450. Then the same day we did a 5 yard mulch job for $850 so that was a great payday. Moral is make it worth your time. It was a long hard day of work but man what a payday!

5. Green Industry Pro

Green Industry Pro LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Tyler Texas

Sounds in the ballpark of $1700-$2000 here in Texas. I'm not sure where you're located so pricing can differ.