Wood chipper

Discussion in 'Rental Equipment' started by kw2k15, Aug 14, 2016.

1. kw2k15

kw2k15 LawnSite Member

I have way too much brush laying around and I will be renting a chipper for the day :
    at least 5-6 hours worth of work

How much am i looking at for cost?
    I am wondering if anyone else has had experiencing renting a chipper

2. KUMA01

KUMA01 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok it all depends on which one you get do not get a small chipper you want something up to 10 inches yes 10 inches is way to big for brush and limbs but it won't bog down when using it and you might decide to take down a couple of trees to. Save the chippings and use it in your garden our flower beds or try to sell them

3. MoWinmoneyy

MoWinmoneyy LawnSite Senior Member

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

A couple hundred if you got a trailer faster that way....pack it down by stomping on it but and cutting. Don't use chips it sucks NB nitrogen out of ground to decompose

5. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

IMHO. Stacking brush into a truck or trailer is a pia. I've stacked and stomped plenty. I can take the stomped brush out of several dump trucks and chip it and it will fit into one truck load.
    I have a 9 inch Morbark. 72 hp gas powered chipper. Big time saver

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

depends on how much he has. Chipper is easier but he ain't got one. Hard to give away a couple hundred dollars to rent.

7. TrainingWheels

TrainingWheels LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah we rented one here an Elite Super Proof 2000 for a week. With the trailer it was 250.00 for the week. It was nice real nice and easy to use (you can actually drive this one around and in and out of gates with ease). We had a week's worth of clean ups from our large account and were able to spread the chips in the beds we were happy and so were the they.

BR,

~TW

8. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

I've never seen one of those before, so I found a video on YouTube. It may get a lite duty job done, but...

A fellow I know was checking on chipper rental prices. He said that a 12 inch chipper was going to cost him & $500 for a day. I would have guessed $250 /$300 a day.

9. TrainingWheels

TrainingWheels LawnSite Silver Member

I'm sorry, I was thinking brush clearing. I think that it maxed out at about 4"? The chips were good quality and got the job done fairly quickly. It did get bound up from time to time if not careful (mainly if you got a large piece in sideways). They had some larger ones for rent but they didn't fit our needs as well. I think that's the chipper we'll use from here on just because we can drive it in and out of gates.

BR,

~TW