Word/Excel vs software?

Tha5150

LawnSite Member
Who here still uses the old reliable and easy methods of billing and expenses? Manual entry type.

Starting off, I do not want to spend money on things i dont need yet, such as software. I have read all of the software polls and only see that Lawn Pro is free for 10 clients. I was messing around with it lastnight and the free version is very limited.

This puts me back into the sending an email to someone with a PDF or Word Doc and saying, Pay Me. Expenses could be tracked through an Excel program, etc etc.

Estimates are another thing i would like to email and would rather an iPhone or iPad app to do this on site.

This is my idea vs paying for software i really dont need yet.

Would you guys mind shooting me a PM or posing here with some different Excel templates you guys use?

Any estimate apps you guys suggest?

ralph02813

LawnSite Bronze Member
Who here still uses the old reliable and easy methods of billing and expenses? Manual entry type.

Starting off, I do not want to spend money on things i dont need yet, such as software. I have read all of the software polls and only see that Lawn Pro is free for 10 clients. I was messing around with it lastnight and the free version is very limited.

This puts me back into the sending an email to someone with a PDF or Word Doc and saying, Pay Me. Expenses could be tracked through an Excel program, etc etc.

Estimates are another thing i would like to email and would rather an iPhone or iPad app to do this on site.

This is my idea vs paying for software i really dont need yet.

Would you guys mind shooting me a PM or posing here with some different Excel templates you guys use?

Any estimate apps you guys suggest?
Check out quickbooks $10 month on line I have 20 accounts, I sit down at the end of the month, it takes me almost an hour, that includes sticking the ones in envelopes I cannot email. It also has a complete product and services list that is accountant ready.

nickpturner

LawnSite Member
If you have iphone, Invoice2go is amazing! It will send the client extimates or bills, and you can even add a paypal link to the email and they can pay online. It's really simple to figure out, too. I used "invoice2go lite" (free version) and it was all I needed for basic invoicing. the full software costs $10 i believe. It may be spelled invoicetogo, but i think it's invoice2go. Check it out!

I also downloaded some freeware online called "Express Invoice." It worked really well if I wanted to create a professional looking invoice or estimate and print it off. Although microsoft word has similar templates, express invoice allows you to add all of your clients and their information into a database, which makes creating new invoices very quick!

I personally like invoice2go the best!

ralph02813

LawnSite Bronze Member
If you have iphone, Invoice2go is amazing! It will send the client extimates or bills, and you can even add a paypal link to the email and they can pay online. It's really simple to figure out, too. I used "invoice2go lite" (free version) and it was all I needed for basic invoicing. the full software costs $10 i believe. It may be spelled invoicetogo, but i think it's invoice2go. Check it out!

I also downloaded some freeware online called "Express Invoice." It worked really well if I wanted to create a professional looking invoice or estimate and print it off. Although microsoft word has similar templates, express invoice allows you to add all of your clients and their information into a database, which makes creating new invoices very quick!

I personally like invoice2go the best!
I really do not understand the mentality of downloading a whole bunch of disconnected applications, its kind of like buying a hugo to put you 21 inch in to go trimming and then come back and getting your duece and 1/2 to bring some mulch out to a customer then going back to get the station wagon to bring the crew to the job site -:cool2: