Work and Equipment Picture thread

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Scagman 48, Jan 1, 2013.

1. B-2 Lawncare

B-2 Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

You mad bro,

2. B-2 Lawncare

I am going to cut you some slack because you are a kid, lf you make it 5 years after you start paying tax's and Insurance along with workmans comp and every thing else I will be willing to bet you will share my opinion.

3. OP
    OP
    Scagman 48

Scagman 48 LawnSite Senior Member

I've done my time working for my buddies digging and laying patios I know the game I'm in. I know what those items cost and due to school I can't produce enough volume to justify . I get 5 or 6 calls a day for mulch or grass and my time and resources are limited. My dad has played a big part in introducing me to roll off dumpster guys, excavating guys and landscapers he knows and said they would be more than happy to help me out if business goes slow. and on another note before this gets brought up I own every piece of equipment and my truck is all I owe to my parents. I built everything from the ground up
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. B-2 Lawncare

I understand that you are a hard working guy, I would love to have a couple guys like you. Lord know I could use the help. There is a hole another side to this business when you start running legit. Which is why most guys don't make it five years in this business.
    Like I said one you start dealing with all the" headaches "I mean paper work employee issues broke equipment. I know you will agree and understand my issues with guys who are competing bidding the same jobs as you and not playing by the same rules.

5. OP
    OP
    Scagman 48

Come to NJ i can get as many day laborers as needed for less than 100 per day plus lunch these guys are legal and have licenses too. They also dont ***** about health insurance or play the im hurt game.... they come to work and do their job and go home. Thats the only reason the tri state area is the place to run a business. Labors cheap materials are cheap and guys are willing to help each other so everyone has food on the table.

6. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from USA

lots of them here in Jersey. Thats for sure. Can go go the local Wawa (chain convenience store) here, and pick them up out front. $12.00 per hour per guy.

Oh, and i like your F250. And how is the new Turf Tracer working out?

7. OP
    OP
    Scagman 48

My guy likes it I hate it. I like riding around on my good ole scag. Plus my scag drops a nicer cut than the Exmark
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Arena landscaping

Arena landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from wayne

Dude, really? This kid, like most of us on here, is out working his ass off and is proud of his set up. Why you trying to pick a fight with him. Im 16 and I am legit, I have an llc, Im bonded, I have insurance and workmans comp. I also pay taxes. You don't know what he's got going on. Don't try and beat him down. Every one starts somewhere, and everyone deserves a chance to make some money. Btw the young kids aren't lowballing. Its guys out there driving f**king civics towing trailers dealing under the table not paying taxes. Im so sick of the fact that every time a kid posts something on here they get f**king ripped apart by guys, this site is for positive comments and learning, so if you aren't gonna do that then just shut up I mean really man, theres no reason for that ****.

9. B-2 Lawncare

You go BOY, so tell us what is your workman's comp rate?

10. Arena landscaping

Arena landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from wayne

Im not quite sure haven't looked at it closely but I believe it is about $8.23, might be a bit off but thats probably where its around. Also if you want give me your email and ill send you a copy of my proof of insurance, my federal EIN and my tax return. I mean if you really wanna talk give me a call sometime, I'd be glad to prove you wrong.... Now that I think about it I think my rate might be more in the 30-40 range because I added on the tree work. Ill check if you want.