• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

WORK BOOTS any real good ones?

linky

LawnSite Member
RED WINGS are the best that i have found. They are comfortable from day one.The soles are nearly treadless
and provide more traction than any other boot that i have tried. My only complaint is that i wear out the soft compound sole every three to four monthes. The sales person said they offer a harder compound soul, but with loss of traction and comfort. I guess i need a sulky. What do your feet like?

lakegastonla

LawnSite Senior Member
I have tried all types of work boots from Georgia boot, Carolina, Red Wing, Wolverine, etc...
The BEST wearing boots I have found anywhere are made by HY-TEST. They are owned by florsheim shoes. They make many different styles with several soles available. Just make sure that the ones you get have the green stripe running through the sole. Salesman will know what I mean.

excel25

LawnSite Senior Member
john deere made by florsheim also and have the green stripe in the sole. Only ones I found to last over a season. Most comfert on the feet also!!!

SMB

LawnSite Senior Member
Hi-Tec Idaho ST Hikers from Red Wing are the BEST!

stick9

LawnSite Senior Member
I like the Knapps ATV series ... very comfortable from day one ... they usually last me about 5-6 months before it's necessary to get another pair .. so, about 1.5 pairs of boots per season.

StICk-niNe

I've stopped spending money on name brand boots.Why?? The soles only last me 2 to 2 1/2 months. On average, the boots I buy from Payless shoe source last me the same amount of time. The cost is around $25 to $45 depending if steel toe,waterproof, and sole type. As for comfort, nothing that a cheep pair of Dr. Scholz air inserts can't fix. Why spend $$$ on name brand shoes when the soles only going to last me 2 months and cost me between 35 to 45 dollars to re-sole.

Keep them feet dry, that's the trick to comfort!:)
Happy New Year
John

pace lawn care

LawnSite Member
I agree with Gusbuster, Wal-Mart or other discount stores has as good of boot as any. I finally learned this after buying high price boots for 20 years of working in the wood.

bob

LawnSite Platinum Member
Wolverine and Timberlands for me!