1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Work shoes/boots

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnExperts, Jun 30, 2019.

Tags:
  1. paulsgrass

paulsgrass LawnSite Member

2. Mattmowsgrass

Mattmowsgrass LawnSite Member

Again, my comment had nothing to do with your review.
    I clearly said "youtube". I seen a negative review on YouTube. That doesnt relate to you.

ok, now I read your review. But, that doesnt change anything. I still seen a negative review on youtube.
    I dont know why you assume my statement has anything to do with you. especially after I said many times, I wasn't referring to your comment.
    Why are you so sensative?
    The OP asked for recommendation, why do I need to read an entire thread to leave mine?

3. KerbDMK

KerbDMK LawnSite Bronze Member

I’m suggesting as a friend that you may enjoy your experience on this site more if you read all the posts in a thread before you comment. That’s true for everybody. I’ll admit that I have failed to read all the posts in a thread and found myself in a similar situation as you find yourself now. Others have as well.

sjessen and hort101 like this.
  4. Mattmowsgrass

Thanks for the advice, friend.
    But the reality is you got offended because I said "I seen negative reviews on youtube" as a response to someone else asking about a specific product.
    My comment is true, regardless of what anyone posts on here. But if I'm not looking for boot recommendations, I'm not reading pages of reccomendations. Honestly, I dont need to read them to leave my recommendation either. If I respond to someone else, it would have been the same regardless of your opinion.
    You, took my comment personally. Then, you started defending yourself, about how you review is unbiased and not bought.
    The truth is I believe you, I dont believe certain reviews on YouTube, That have been posted by youtubers who except free products, and sponsorships.
    Anyway, I'm happy you have good experiences with your shoes.

5. Tara Ann

Tara Ann LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

The owner takes the employees, after their first 90 days of employment (and again each year of employment) to buy boots. A lot of people seem to pick Carolina brand.

Carolina Boots.JPG

AlohaMowing, K c m, flybynite and 4 others like this.
  6. Mattmowsgrass

I heard the Carolinas boots are nice.

Tara Ann and Cam15 like this.
  7. KerbDMK

KerbDMK LawnSite Bronze Member

I get that you think I'm being insincere, but I meant it, really.

Mattmowsgrass likes this.
  8. Cam15

Cam15 LawnSite Gold Member

Nice little bonus for sure. Those are what 200 or 300 a pair?

9. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

I got Blundstones for this season, not sure if anyone else has used them. They don’t have the greatest ankle support when walking on steep hills. But they’re completely waterproof and because they’re leather they form to your foot after a short time of use. They’re comfortable, steel toe if you get the safety version. I like them, not cheap though, $200+ CAD

D2193BDB-1C07-4EA7-B505-572D2A5DAC5C.jpeg

10. Tara Ann

Tara Ann LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

It depends on which style or brand is chosen. It ranges from $100-$200 + tax. My boss looks at it as an investment (I agree). If you have wet or hurting feet, you’re less likely to perform efficiently.