Work tee’s no longer have individuality

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by DVS Hardscaper, Oct 24, 2019.

1. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Have you joined the flock of sheep with the bright green or bright orange company tee-shorts?

What happened to individuality? Pride in your company colors and expressing your creativity?

One thing I know, you’ll never see bright green or bright orange tee shirts at my company.

Cam15 and Mark Oomkes like this.
  2. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

My shirts are not orange or green. The are prairie dust!

Don't see anyone with this color. Most around here if in uniform are the basic safety green/orange or red. Then they have the few crews in the basic blue button down rental uniform outfits.

026a2466-a979-44d1-90cc-9279c44b74ed_1.c988523fca15f6330281bdbeb622895f.jpeg

3. MowDaddy

MowDaddy LawnSite Fanatic

We wear bright green and orange.
    We work right next to traffic all the time, it's a saftey issue.

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

And pretty soon no one will notice lime green or orange because EVERYONE is wearing them and people will be desensitized.

We have a similar color bot too light as dort shows too easily. Can you PM where you're getting them from?

Cam15 likes this.
  5. MowDaddy

No I have to disagree.
    You'll still be more visible to motorists,
    Company recognition may blend in to where people don't know if your a state hwy worker, a utility worker, or in our case a private lawncare company.
    But you'll always be more visible to traffic wearing brighter colors.

sehitchman, cold-beer and Chilehead like this.
  6. rclawn

rclawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Just wear a safety vest over work shirt if you’re near the roadway... Ours are white. They get dirty easier but I think they look nice

Cam15 likes this.
  7. MowDaddy

We are on the sides of hwys everyday.

sehitchman likes this.
  8. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

I went from green polo shirts to day-glo yellow shirts w/reflective piping 2 years ago. The brighter shirts helped a lot, but for me I prefer a dark-colored collared polo because it looks more professional when performing quotes/closing a sale IMHO. I think for 2020, I am going to go back to collared polo shirts (performance fabric) and wear a safety vest over them when servicing clients....best of both worlds.

GrassManKzoo, hort101 and Cam15 like this.
  9. cold-beer

cold-beer LawnSite Member

Hi-viz green and orange let people know that you're working. It let's my customer's neighbors know that the person or people entering the back yard are there to do work, not rob the place. It let's a new customer know that the guy walking up to the front door is the landscaper they contacted.

Also, I live in Western Oregon. The homeless problem is so bad here that if you're dirty and not wearing safety green or orange, everyone from potential customers to store employees will assume that you're homeless and treat you as such. Nothing worse than getting some coffee at a gas station only to have some clerk hovering over you to remind that you have to pay for it because you're wearing beat up dirty clothes.

Cam15 and hort101 like this.
  10. rippinryno

rippinryno LawnSite Silver Member

Cam15 likes this.